www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Creating a spot for users to comment on entries

Creating a spot for users to comment on entries

Right now im using pyro's guestbook script, and its pretty much what i need. The only problem is that i use it for every entry on my site each day, so i create text files dated each day, and just change where the php file outputs it. It works fine, its just tedious, and its getting quite cumbersome and a little sloppy now.

Basically i just need something like what pyro's personal site has by way of comments, where you can click on the comment part for each day...but i dont want any other feature. I have my entire site layout, and other aspects, and id like to just implement this separatley if i could. IE no blog software running the site if possible.

My server can run pretty much everything so thats not an issue, if this wasnt clear, just let me know.

hmm..i think i recall once using his guestbook script..but i replaced it with my own..would you mind perhaps providing me with this code so i know how exactly i should implement it?
    also, do you mean allowing users to comment on previously added entries?

[[[terminal]]]

Here is his first script i used mostly: http://www.infinitypages.com/temp/guestbook_code.php

And his improved one i started to use: http://www.ryanbrill.com/software/xm.../guestbook.php

bump?

no?

Thread Information