www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: if you build it, they will come

if you build it, they will come

since we are tossing in all these new forums, why not expand to asp.net, jsp and cold fusion. Sound like a remotely good idea?

Sounds like an excellent idea; there are a lot of programmers who use JSP, ASP.NET and CF. Remember havik? I plan on getting into JSP soon, myself...

Although, now that I think about it, we've always asked/answered those questions in the General forum.
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    peo, your campaign hasn't worked for months maybe there will be a change in this, otherwise, back to the asp and general forums

I'd say, I'm content with what we've been given; although, I wouldn't mind getting more.

I would love to get more, but the users would still post i nthe wrong forums, so it doesn't make a point to have more than one forum Recently, a thread was placed i nthe Javascript forum about getting server side support, so what would tell you that new forums would ensure correct placement. That is the only reason I am against it, but I am for it all the way

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    I would love to get more, but the users would still post i nthe wrong forums, so it doesn't make a point to have more than one forum Recently, a thread was placed i nthe Javascript forum about getting server side support, so what would tell you that new forums would ensure correct placement. That is the only reason I am against it, but I am for it all the way
    thats whey mods have the move option.

it'd be more helpful to everyone if they just posted in the right section to begin with

But beginners obviously dont understand the language they are using so they just take a guess as to where the best place to post is.

Half the threads in the General forum could be put into the Scripting - Other forum.

Regards.

I understand, and that becomes a bad problem because people who like helping on a particular language don't like to find that all the questions are placed in the wrong forum. Users who have questions on html markup should post in that forum. questions with scripting, check that forum out and find a good subcategory, otherwise, use other. I don't find it too difficult; I think the layout is great by organizing, it just doesn't look like anything good is coming out of the new forums, since people still post in general when they don't know.

I am for, whoever brought it up, the descriptions of forums on the home page and subforum pages, therefore maybe some questions would evaporate correctly

True, the 'Professionals' forum can accomodate a number of threads from the general and Coffee Lounge forums. I dont think people understand that the professionals forum isnt only for pros..

Regards.

retitleing some forums would help, but I think a few new forums would make me happy, one in particular.

Yer, a .NET forum would be good. I think just titling it .NET would be good. Then it would accomidate all the latest MS technologies.

Regards.

Originally posted by buntine
    Yer, a .NET forum would be good. I think just titling it .NET would be good. Then it would accomidate all the latest MS technologies.

Regards.
    yep, because we still have ado.net and all unaccounted for.

I just added a .NET forum, and moved as many .NET questions from the ASP forum that I could find. Enjoy!

Looks like you got your wish, Mr. Peo.

Thread Information