dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: odd, but mildly amusing

odd, but mildly amusing

I decided to export my IE favorites so I could put the file on my webserver and be able to access my main favorites list from the web if I am at school or someplace... after I uploaded to html page, I decided there were probably some links in it I didnt want to share with everyone, so I decied to directly edit the file... heh, what a surprise....

I created the file in IE, edited it in front page 2003, and I dont even have netscape on my windows boxes, but check out this first line.... ok, its not that funny, but I got a chuckle or two out of it...

<!DOCTYPE NETSCAPE-Bookmark-file-1>

I hate to spoil things, but it's just to ensure compatibility between the bookmark formats. Check out this article.

Adam

ok ok ok Adam... yea, your right, but i am still a bit amused they wouldnt write a whole code to avoid using that one word.

oh well.. I guess its another case of not what meets the eye...

MS still uses some linux boxes for some of its email server from what my linux teacher tells me, and one of my mac addict friends told me they still use some macs in some of the graphic designs.

I know there have been rumours... A while back (I think it was during one of the big anti-Microsoft DDOS attacks) they swtiched their site onto a proxy caching service running Linux, so HTTP requests would report their server was "Microsoft IIS on GNU/Linux" or something to that effect.

Adam

Re: odd, but mildly amusing

Originally posted by h4r01d
    I decided to export my IE favorites so I could put the file on my webserver and be able to access my main favorites list from the web if I am at school or someplace... after I uploaded to html page, I decided there were probably some links in it I didnt want to share with everyone, so I decied to directly edit the file... heh, what a surprise....

I created the file in IE, edited it in front page 2003, and I dont even have netscape on my windows boxes, but check out this first line.... ok, its not that funny, but I got a chuckle or two out of it...

<!DOCTYPE NETSCAPE-Bookmark-file-1>
    *Snerk.* What a surprise indeed. That's a hoot.

I think the most amusing part of this is that anyone could handle a copy of Frontpage without playing a nice game of Frisbee.

Originally posted by Ben R.
    I think the most amusing part of this is that anyone could handle a copy of Frontpage without playing a nice game of Frisbee.
    Or that somebody dug into the archives to resurrect a thread that's been dead for nearly a year. 0:-)

O_o *just noticed the dates*

Originally posted by Ben R.
    O_o *just noticed the dates*
    I wondered when you'd notice.

(I can post now, since it's at the top of the list datewise )

It's off-topic, but just to show a real accidental browser mismatch, the user agent string for a recent version of Netscape declared itself to be Firefox... methinks Netscape isn't modifying the Mozilla code as much as they say they are.

Thread Information