www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Microsoft

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com

Microsoft

So I am not going to start arguments here, but to get all things straight: My affiliation with Microsoft and my temporarily working with them did not influence me on choosing the operating system, nor any of the programs that I run on my computer. I also wil lrefrain from starting arguments on this topic, because at a recent meeting, we made a decision regarding Microsoft in general. These decisions, however, will not be released to public ears.

From now on, if any one wants to tell me to switch from Windows XP Professional, or to switch Word Processors or HTML Editors, or Other Programs, you will be directed to this thread for explanation, since that acts like a sub procedure rather than repeating hundreds of lines daily. Now I just call this procedure and let you do the work

<pointless_comment>I use Windows, and I don't work for Microsoft.

It's just for compatibility, though, I plan on running a Linux OS with Windows on the same computer in the future.</pointless_comment>

well I believe that every comment counts, so I don't find it pointless.

Originally posted by steelersfan88
    well I believe that every comment counts, so I don't find it pointless.
    Oops! Forgot this was the "off-topic" forum.

Re: Microsoft

My affiliation with Microsoft and my temporarily working with them did not influence me on choosing the operating system, nor any of the programs that I run on my computer.
    Oh, really? *Waves his hand through the air suggestively, manipulating your mind with the Force* You don't like Micro$oft, you think they are a bad monopoly. You want to get rid of them; your main goal in life is to rid the world of Micro$oft. *Lowers his hand and walks off, leaving you to your work*
    Last edited by Paul Jr; 04-14-2004 at 05:20 PM.

its off-topic, so you are allowed to post pointless things.

Not sure what you mean Paul, but yes, I am affiliated with Microsoft. If I understand correctly, I find it pathetic you separate people by unrelated actions, but I will leave it to you to explain

I use some of Microsofts products that are ok. What I don't like are the prices like Microsoft Office - They charge like 300+ for it - it should come with Windows and, you can get stuff like OpenOffice for free! Whay do they do that when people will just crack the damn thing anyway?

I use OpenOffice and, it is the same if not better than MS Office.

Its strange how so many people think that Office does come with Windows.. It wouldnt surprise me if MS decide to ship Office along with their OS sometime in the near future. To kill off the threat which OpenOffice poses, of coarse.

Regards.

Many of the new Dells with Windows XP Home and Professional have Office all ready installed. This is only through Dell though. Of course they charge a lot, since they realize people use their OS, they want to make money where they can

Many of the new Dells with Windows XP Home and Professional have Office all ready installed. This is only through Dell though. Of course they charge a lot, since they realize people use their OS, they want to make money where they can

That would be good.

Its true, my DELL did

Re: Re: Microsoft

Originally posted by Paul Jr
    Oh, really? *Waves his hand through the air suggestively, manipulating your mind with the Force* You don't like Micro$oft, you think they are a bad monopoly. You want to get rid of them; your main goal in life is to rid the world of Micro$oft. *Lowers his hand and walks off, leaving you to your work*
    In all reality they are in monopolistic competition but can do some price descrimination with home and pro products. That is looking at it from an economic standpoint. No one forces you to use windows, it just came with the pc, you can always get linux or mac or one of the other minority operating systems, so therefore ms cannot be a monopoly fromt he stnadpoint that people 'must use their os'. Microsoft is required by law to give up their relavent source code to software compainies that have products running on windows and they have done that. I do not understand all of the complaining that microsoft is a monopoly by the anti ms people.

Thread Information