www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Out of curiosity: Server-side JavaScript??

Out of curiosity: Server-side JavaScript??

I was wondering. Are there any plans by anyone to come out with a server-side version of JavaScript? I mean, JavScript can be a very useful language, but it all depends on compatibility and enablement. I think a server-side version of JavaScript would be a very useful language, because it wouldn't depend on the browser or wether or not the user enables JS. PHP and other server-side languages can't do a lot of things JavaScript can do. Anyone know if there are plans of coming out with something similar to this?
    -Dan
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

Hay man, your in luck!

Server-side JavaScript has been around since the early days. I have had a bit of a play with it, though, i found it to be a bit of a pain when compared to ASP and PHP. Here is a good reference.

http://developer.netscape.com/docs/m.../server/jsref/

By the way, you can also use JavaScript to write ASP.NET and CGI applications.

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.

Cool, thanks man!
    -Dan
    Last edited by Daniel T; 08-02-2005 at 07:42 PM.
    Windows XP SP2 - theme: Thallos
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 4600+ | ASUS M2N32-SLI Deluxe | 2 * 1024 PC2-6400 Mushkin DDR2-800 | eVGA GeForce 6800XT 256MB | Creative Sound Blaster X-FI Music
    5 * 320GB Seagate Barracuda SATA-II 3Gb/s in RAID 5 | Lite-On 16x DVD-RW | Mitsumi 7-in-1 Floppy drive and card reader
    Samsung SyncMaster 204B 20" TFT LCD | Logitech G15 Keyboard | Logitech G7 Mouse | Seasonic PC160SK Headset

The United States Site: http://kellyj.t35.com
    cool, never would have thought an idea of that...

- nested functions, how do you nest functions, don't you just call them and pass control and then get control back?
    - sendmail class, I like that
    - and a lot more, i think i'm interested

Thread Information