I'm looking to create an intranet page with a scrolling ticker tape box showing departmental news. I've also to provide a means for a selected member of the department to update the news item from a separate page (a page which might be password protected). On top of this they would like the ticker tape to remain on screen (possibly as a page on its own) regardless of whatever application is running.
For the first part of the stipulated functionality I thought possibly using a form input box to provide the new text 'value' and passing this onto the scrolling functions as a parameter which could in turn write the message to another text box. However as the page to be altered would not be the same one which has the input box for altering text, I'm at a loss as to how the variable would be passed between pages.
If anyone understands what I'm trying to do and have any thoughts let me know.
Second, you want to separate news creation from news presentation as the two are pretty much independent.
If your server supports ASP and MS Access, and you do not like to reinvent the wheel, let me know.
I have an ASP news apllication with the following features:
- each news article has Title, Text, Author, Date fields
- news can be edited after posting
- each article can have an archive date set, allowing different presentation for new and old articles
- news are being posted using a password protected page.
- news can be posted by a number of contributers. Each has his/her own account that allows editing only of own sumbissions