dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Site Review please?

Site Review please?

Hey ive recently designed a website for a phone company and well am here so you peeps can review it. The link is at the bottom.

Here are my problems which i would like to fix-

1. I would like the main menu to be centered but i cant seem to get it so as a temporary work around i just set the right margin to make it look center.

2. At 800*600 the left hand columns cut off for some reason.

3. In Mozilla its an absolute mess because of my propreity ie coding but if anyone can find work arounds i would be extremely greatful see the client doesnt know about other browsers and that but he made me start coding it in IE and its all went from there. But i would like to keep the same look as it does in IE becuase the client likes it.

4. Ohh yeah i created another big sin by using an ID twice but that is another temporary work around as i wanted them links styled the same.

5. Valid CSS but not Valid XHTML becuase of the flash banner is there a way to get that to validate.

Any help/ info is appreacited

P.S Some of the links arent working as my host is being gay at the moment.phones site

Re: Site Review please?

Originally posted by sharkey

5. Valid CSS but not Valid XHTML becuase of the flash banner is there a way to get that to validate.
    http://alistapart.com/articles/flashsatay/

Yup thanks for that URL i have seen that before why didnt i think of that oh well.

Thanks for reminding me

Yup thanks for that URL i have seen that before why didnt i think of that oh well.

Thanks for reminding me

Re: Site Review please?

1. I would like the main menu to be centered but i cant seem to get it so as a temporary work around i just set the right margin to make it look center.
    Give it a margin: auto;.. it'll set the left and right links to their maximum value while keeping them the same.. not if its parent has a set wdth, or it doesn't this might not work.

2. At 800*600 the left hand columns cut off for some reason.
    It probably is too wide for the window and gets pushed down below the rest of the content..
    3. In Mozilla its an absolute mess because of my propreity ie coding but if anyone can find work arounds i would be extremely greatful see the client doesnt know about other browsers and that but he made me start coding it in IE and its all went from there. But i would like to keep the same look as it does in IE becuase the client likes it.
    that's a bit of a problem... i'd junk all of the proprietary code first, and then think of what effects you've lost.

The right-hand menu is located further down the page than it is supposed to be(FF on 1024x768).
    -Dan

Actually, I think it'd look great (at least 1024*768 Mozilla FireFox) if the right nav went up some, because that'd fix the footer, and then the flash ad thing went up more on the page, causing the content to follow it. That really detracts right there, the flash having so much whitespace.

Is there anything i can do at this late stage in the game mates anything i can do to the style to change the effect for mozilla but keep the same look for IE.

Ive tryed the margin:auto thing but no luck man thanks anyway for all your input.

The right menu is moving down because the border is causing it to not fit in that space. Decrease the width of the entire menu slightly and it should work. Also, you shouldn't be using a class change for the rollovers. It pauses for half a second before appliying the change because it has to call the function, carry it out, and so forth. A rollover effect like this can be done very easily with CSS.
    -Dan

Thread Information