dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: My New Script

Exclamation My New Script

Hello everybody!

Wouldn't ya know it, just as I get my script done this forum appears. It probably couldn't be any better!

Anyway I'm posting here because I need some comments on my new shout box script that I recently finished. I would also like it if you guys could test it and look for possible holes or any bugs. I would like to try and eliminate any such problems. I would greatly appreciate the feedback.

P.S. I don't have any bbcode type stuff avalible to the public on it and I don't plan to add it so please don't say I should add it because I have already heard it a million times. Thanks.

Post with your name as ">Jick (with the quote at the beginning).

I did that and then it just posts it like that! What am I supposed to be seeing? I see this as my name when I put what you said:

">Jick

What I see is what I put. I don't see anything wrong with it. Can you explain? Thanks.

EDIT: Oooo... I see what you mean now. It creates a problem down by the username box. I'll look and see if I can fix that. Thanks!

I'm still accepting reviews or found bugs. Thanks.
    Last edited by Jick; 04-20-2004 at 11:52 PM.

Well I fixed the problem! It actually was something with the sessions. See I'm saving the name to a session so you don't have to keep typin in your name. It was a problem with the session but I fixed it now with the help of Dan.

Any more comments or bugs or suggestions?

Thanks!

i would maybe put the warning about the no flooding on the page so people know you can post once per minute before they submit their post (and loose what they wrote)

other than that, COOL SHOUTBOX

Well actually I plan to make a whole FAQ type thing so people can read it and find out how to do certain things. I don't have it finished yet but that will be one of the things included in it. I'm glad you like it. I worked really hard on it.

I'm still accepting reviews and any found bugs so feel free to let me know. Thanks.

looks fine

good work!

some bugs are found, fix it.

Hope this helps too because incorrect grammar and spelling say, "I am not professional." My advice is to have someone who is not your friend or family go through your site and give you a thorough critique on the writing and the message.

This page: http://jick.zacknetwork.net/index.php

-Has the link to SubSilver. But, the SubSilver site has some bugs in NN7.
    -"We now have a time durning each..." should be "We now have a time during each..."

This page:
    http://jick.zacknetwork.net/about.php

-"...news for you. Your wrong..." should be "...news for you. You're wrong..."
    -"We have had many years of web design and web development experience" If this is true why do you supply only two samples of your work?
    -"...large and safisticated script..." should be "...large and sophisticated script..."
    -"Because of all those reasons we can not supply an exact price so we ask that you please get in contact with us by going to our contact us page and sending us a message through one of our forms of contact telling us what type of site you want and a little description and also what you would like to have on it and we will reply to you with a quote on how much it will cost to get your site launched onto the web today!" This sentence suffers from a little bit of run on. Speaking of which, some of your other material is too long. I think you'll lose their interest. And you'll have it up today? How are you going to do that?
    -"...you are completly..."
    -"just look at our prices page", but you said you only do custom quotes.
    -"and you lernt a little"
    -"you just wanna know"

This page:
    http://jick.zacknetwork.net/shout/

-"We hope you find it usfull."

This page:
    http://jick.zacknetwork.net/contact.php

-"recieving" Remember the basic grammar rule, "i before e except after c?"

This page:
    http://jick.zacknetwork.net/privacy.php

-email or e-mail, decide which one you want to use and then do it that way everywhere.
    -"contact us regaurding these"

Sincerely, I hope it helps make your site the best it can be.

Thread Information