dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: One pick-on everything review, please.

Hybrid View

Wink One pick-on everything review, please.

Hello all... I'd just like a review (obviously) of my site, pointing out my faults; aesthetic, browser compatibilities, semantics, accesibility, clearness, content (not so much content, seeing as I don't have much); whatever you think needs improvement, please adress

My homepage: http://projep.t35.com/index.php
    Note: I use a free server, t35, so two problems are presented, 1: ad code is written at the bottom of each PHP page, giving each page 1 error- if there's more than one error on any page, I'd like to know so I can fix it. T35 has PNG problems, I think anyways, because images that worked perfectly offline, even on Apache, don't work at all online, and appear broken.

Thanks for your time in advance.

I like it a lot for the most part, this is definately a much better color scheme than that old black and green thing... after all, orange is the new black. Just a few things I've noticed (and i took screenshots for your enjoyment)
    [list=1][*]If I bump up the font size in Moz (even 1 notch) it breaks your left backrounds (capture)[*]the bottom of your right pane gets a little goofy at 800x600 and 1280x1024[*]at 800x600 your header and navigation don't quite fit[/list=1]

I'm aware of the navigation's problems, but as the site is fluid (EMs) in width and size, I don't kow how to fix this. It has produced quite a few problems, I'll tell you that much. Also, I was considering that I'd move "Version 6" over a bit, so there wasn't half a v sticking out on lower resolutions; I don't really need the version 6 to be there. Any suggestions on the screwy #nav background, and do you think shifting 'Version 6' would be a good idea?

wow... t35 is slow today... almost 5 minutes to load your page on a t3+ (and its still not done)
    Anyways, does the version info have to be in the image?it doesn't seem like that would be neccessary, but perhaps its some sort of special font? if not, you could just make that plain text.
    I'll get back to you on your other question once it finishes loading.

Yeah, T35 is going through some changes (i.e.: http://forums.t35.net/viewtopic.php?t=1671, http://forums.t35.net/viewtopic.php?t=1767, and http://forums.t35.net/viewtopic.php?t=170; u really should read the second...) I hope it'll eventually go for the better as they say it will.

Hm.. maybe I should just black it out, it doesn't have any particular purpose, and if I did need it in there it'd be in the footer. I'm sorry about the server, but its the best free server I know of, and I think they're genuinely trying to improve their services.

The biggest problem, I think anyways, is the nav background- do you think that looks good, or do you think it'd be a good idea to delete?

I'd say give it less of a margin-left, at least so it looks alright at 800x600 w/default font sizes

Alright, I changed it so the margin is 5% on both sides of the body. I still need to know if I should take out the #nav bg.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream

slllloooooooowwww

this web site is tooo slow, took 3 min to download the website look pritty good iv seen worst. I like it though some good free webspace servers are 100m.com and geocities.com there pritty nice except annoying bandwith problems.

As I've said, T35 is going through some changes, I'm not in control of my server, or it's speed, and although I apologize for the slowness, it's already been brought up, and as it can't be changed it's somewhat pointless to discuss, isn't it Also, geocities is a horrible server! In the words of PeOfEo, "Verily I say unto thee, Geocities is the seed of Beelzebub". All other issues aside, that extra code they place at the end of each document is horribly invalid.

Also, no offense, but telling me my site looks better than some other isn't really advice. I'd like to know what you think is ugly, so that I may be able to improve upon it. I know there arew flaws, that's why I posted in the review forum; if it was perfect (ROTFL like could ever happen) have posted.

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    this is what i think looks bad, i uploaded the image file so u can c my point ov view, this is MY opinion of what looks bad, this was done btw on IE 6 @ 800x600, @ text size at medium.

one thing i dnt get wat u mean is
    flaws, that's why I posted in the review forum; if it was perfect (ROTFL like could ever happen) have posted.
    what does "ROTFL like could ever happen" mean??
    Attached Images Attached Images

What I mean by that was nothing can ever be perfect. ROTFL= Rolling On The Floor Laughing.

you should consider switching from the classic FIR to Shea's image replacement, this way you can still have your header accessible in images off/css on situations

Thanks, Sam- that one works quite nicely I didn't know they came up with a fresh batch of replacements... Mezzoblue really needs a mailing list...

thats been out for quite a while, at least four ALA's ago (when Shea wrote CSS Sprites)

Oh... I mean I knew that... I don't check those sites as often as I should, and I don't backread so there's quite a bit I'm unaware of.

Thread Information