www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: One pick-on everything review, please.

Hmm... well I don't know why the first thing is happening, but it only happens in Opera, so, no offense, but as I can't fix it, I don't much care.. the page is still legible despite it- the images in the nav I guess are gonna have to go under the image replacement hack.. and the nifty resizing will have to be junked because of Opera... and can you please explain what that giant black area is?

its just a giant black area all the way at the bottom of the page. Also your forms get royally screwed up. Would yo ulike a screen? Also all this stuff only happens in the default style. It looks fine in the black one.

Have you seen anything like this anywhere else? Because this doesn't happen in any of my browsers, including Opera for windows. Do you know why it would happen, even though I may have to ignore it, seeing as few people use Opera for Mac, but I'll try to fix it if I can.

no idea but its ok, as i rarely use opera.

LOL... yeah its like 2% of the internet uses macs, and 5% uses Opera right? so 5% of 2%.. yeah i think i can let them suffer...

im sure you know this but your site doesnt have valid css or html....
    http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...rojep.t35.com/
    http://validator.w3.org/check?verbos...rojep.t35.com/

of course its not that the errors are major....but u asked for freedback

Yes, I did... and I would fix them but FTP is down... And I'm 'just a little frustated'. Hopefully it should be back up, and actually I was unaware of the blockquote errors, and I hadn't checked my CSS in a while. Thanks for reminding me, as soon as FTP is back up I'll fix those...

BTW, CSS: http://jigsaw.w3.org/css-validator/v...es/default.css

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    t35.com is finally runnin fast again!!

Yeah, and whatever problems FTP was having, they're resolved. I fixed the CSS border and the blockquote problems for the homepage as well.

Any other comments? Are the images loading fast enough? Does everything look alright?

I'm not sure if its what you inteneded, but when I access your site (On IE 6, 800x600 screen, Windows) your nav bar appears UNDER your page content. I'm thinking that it's supposed to be NEXT to it? Otherewise, your site is looking nice!

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    image in v5 scheeme seems to b all pixelized!

Originally posted by MstrBob
    I'm not sure if its what you inteneded, but when I access your site (On IE 6, 800x600 screen, Windows) your nav bar appears UNDER your page content. I'm thinking that it's supposed to be NEXT to it? Otherewise, your site is looking nice!
    Oh, that's not good, now is it ^.^; I didn't intend for that to happen, actually I can only test resolutions for FF because I d/l'ed the Webmasters toolbar and it has a feature to resize the browser window to different resolutions. I'll try to fix that, so the nav bar shows even on low resolutions.

EDIT: I tried it and it worked fine for me, it just went out of screen; it's fixed width. Also, Dera... the image looked fine on all of my browsers.. (doesn't show in Opera).
    Last edited by Ben Rogers; 04-27-2004 at 04:39 PM.

Thread Information