Thread: netsky

netsky

http://securityresponse.symantec.com/
    Look at those netsky virus warnings
    an email i recieved
    The file attachment your_file.pif you sent to the recipients listed above
    was infected with the W32/Netsky.d@MM virus and was not successfully
    cleaned.
    I went to symantec and read up on this, then looked around on my system for some of the stuff symantec said it put on there and found it. I downloaded the removal tool and got rid of this. But apparently a lot of people have it because I have been getting emails left and right that are exactly like symantec says they will be. So it would be a good idea for all of us not running anti virus software to check our systems, and those of us that have it but are not up to date on definitions too. Also, make sure you configure mozilla mail, outlook, or other mail clients to block .vbs, .bat, .exe, .pif and .scr files.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 04-26-2004 at 12:12 AM.

yup, i've been getting tons of netsky infected emails.

time for spring cleaning, I took out 85 instances of kwbot today and a few of sdbot, did not even know I had em. Then I went on my moms machine and took out a few backdoors. Changed the prompt text color to dark green because I knew I would be on that thing for a while and did not want white to hurt my eyes.

and you are still a microsoft freak

Originally posted by The Cheat
    and you are still a microsoft freak
    Its not microsoft's fault, its some idiot who downloaded mp3.exe on kazzaa and sent an infect attachment to his friend who sent it to his friend who sent it to my mom's friend who gave it to me over the network or something, someone way down the line screwed up and that is how worms and backdoors have gotten on to my system. Its a vicious cycle . Keep in mind, microsoft is a good friend of security companies, microsoft subsidises them . Also a lot of the viruses on symantec can rape macs and linux too, windows is just used by a vast majority of the people on the internet so it is th majority of infections and it is what makes the headlines.

Thread Information