www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: how

how

how can i be a Moderator ??????????????
    my dream is to be a mod on a forum

I generally dont think there is any way that you can just become a moderator by asking but if you help lots of people out and show a good knowlegde of any of the languages you may be asked to become a moderator.

i take this quote from the faq:

"What Are Moderators?
    Moderators oversee specific forums. They generally have the ability to edit and delete posts, move threads, and perform other manipulations. Becoming a moderator for a specific forum is usually rewarded to users who are particularly helpful and knowledgeable in the subject of the forum they are moderating."

would the fatcthat your text spammer be also a cvause againt it?

hangining around for a while, getting a bunch of posts, and generally being 15+ in age, and last but not least being a mature poster and keeping a civil tongue. Those are the unwritten requirements.
    BTW: look at mod ages,
    I was born in 87
    buntine was born in 86
    fred in 87 I believe
    pyro in 84
    jeff in 84
    dave in 85
    lavalamp in 86
    I think khalid must be in his mid 20s, but the rest of us are pretty darned young, infact the only one of us who can dink (not saying that we would, just saying we cant) is pyro and that has only been for a few months!
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 04-28-2004 at 12:24 AM.

Pete can drin ktoo, he is almost 30 I guess, gray hair soon

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    infact the only one of us who can dink (not saying that we would, just saying we cant) is pyro and that has only been for a few months!
    Dave SW and Lavalamp can i think

Hey, I can drink too. Just not “legally.”
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

More often than not you bribe the administrators and offer to buy them drinks and if that doesn't work you investigate their private lives and see how much dirt you can dig-up.

Alternatively you use the more common approach of proving your mettle and saying 'yes' when you are asked if you want to become a moderator.

If you keep asking pointless questions or don't know what side your bread is buttered on you have little chance of progressing past level 1.
    Last edited by Robert Wellock; 04-29-2004 at 05:38 AM.

hangining around for a while, getting a bunch of posts, and generally being 15+ in age
    Uh! I'm fifteen now! Do I get a promotion? lol. Peo, I didn't know you were that old!
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign that children are becoming moderators, what forum do you want to guide then Jona?

and generally being 15+ in age
    Actually, 16 is the unwritten rule.

Originally posted by Robert Wellock
    Alternatively you use the more common approach of proving your mettle and saying 'yes' when you are asked if you want to become a moderator.
    Oh, come on. Who used that method? Personally, the bribery worked well for me.

Personal website http://www.ryanbrill.com/
    Business website: http://www.infinitywebdesign.com/
    TypeSpace http://www.typespace.org/

I reject your reality and substitute it with my own!

Originally posted by Robert Wellock
    I don't know if that's a good sign or a bad sign that children are becoming moderators, what forum do you want to guide then Jona?
    Actually PHP, but it's already got a mod... I'd probably go with any other opportunities, though, lol. Especially with the addition of so many new forums.

Originally posted by pyro
    Actually, 16 is the unwritten rule.
    See, I knew it! Pete said so in a PM... Peo, you bad mod, how could you give me false hope!?

Originally posted by pyro
    Oh, come on. Who used that method? Personally, the bribery worked well for me.
    Honestly? (I ask, because I know "personally" is not equivalent to "honestly" with you, pyro. ) What'd you say?

Anomonity, the beauty of the internet. Lets face it, the net is dominated, or atleast majoritised by kids.

Most people are shocked when i tell them i am under 18! They ask me things like "Do you have any kids?" or "So, you married?"

I suppose people just assume we are professional programmers working from the tenth story of a skyscraper in NYC. (one day, mayby)

Regards,
    Andrew Buntine.

Shocking, indeed! I'm often thought to be older because I use proper grammar when typing, and maybe because of how I word things. But it's all good, I think the sooner I start, the more "professional" I will, or will have the ability to, become.

Thread Information