dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: send email to visitor with file attachment

Question send email to visitor with file attachment

Can anyone help me? I have a web page that can be viewed in pdf format with Adobe Acrobat, but I would like to put a button on the page that will allow my visitors to enter their email address and have this pdf file automatically added as an attachment to the email that gets sent to them. Is there javascript to do this? I have seen lots of ways to send email to a visitor, but not with a file attachment.

I'm afraid you have to use a server side language eg. ASP (even though I've had no luck)

BestZest

is cgi an option?

thanks, is cgi an option? I'm just learning html and javascript with a little bit of cgi. I have been all over the web trying to find sample code to help with this. I suppose my other option is to email the html file instead of attaching the pdf file. Any ideas on how that could be done?

I found this site in PHP, I don't know if it can be adapted to send attatchments: http://www.clipx.net/emxdemo.php
    I know ASP can send attatchments, but how, try asking in the ASP fourum on this site.

BestZest

Thread Information