www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: one pixel wallpaper and dreamweaver 4.1

Hybrid View

one pixel wallpaper and dreamweaver 4.1

I am new and trying to figure out how to either directly code a small graphic to "wallpaper" or "tile" or reproduce itself as a background color with alternate border color on a webpage. I'm told that taking a 1 pixel image and telling it to reproduce itself will speed loading by reducing size. I then need to put this background into numerous cells within a table where there will be many graphics. Then I will layer in the interactive navigation graphics onto the background. The site I'm working on is graphic RICH and quite beautiful, which makes it a big piggie.

My partner is a Photoshop Wizard, and new to Fireworks 4 and works a mac. I am using Dreamweaver 4.1 (newbie) and also trying to learn html to augment Dreamweaver and make it really do what I need to do. To anyone who helps, wow thanks thanks thanks.

If you used a 1x1 pixel image for your background, the background would all be one color and wouldn't have a pattern. Why not just use a color code instead of an image altogether? You would get the same exact effect and wouldn't need an image.

hmmm, so that would be placed in a BODY tag like <BODY BGCOLOR="123456">
    as an example.

Um, I think I see the wisdom here though I'm trying to wrap my tiny mind around putting that as a body background color tag, and then making a border around that background color.

Am I on the right track? Oh, so many thanks!

You need to put a hash sign (#) before hexadecimal color codes, you can't just put the numbers.

What do you mean by putting a border around the background? So you want a 1x1 pixel background, and each of those background would have a border? This can't be done unless you wrote every single image out. Don't do it this way. Just make one image 3x3 with the border around that pixel. This will give the effect you want and will be very easy.

Originally posted by dacrose
    I'm trying to wrap my tiny mind around putting that as a body background color tag, and then making a border around that background color.
    I think you are trying to ask for this, but lack the vocabulary.

<body style="background:#123456; border:1px solid black;">

Tell me if it doesn't do what you want.
    // Stefan Huszics

Wow, you guys are so awesome and yes I do lack vocabulary but I do love to learn.

I'm gonna try this stuff at work tomorrow with my graphics Wizard partner, but I do think I'm getting it! Fyi, not every background pixel needs a border, just a border for the whole page of pixels. And now, gonna use background body color tag instead of my idea of "wallpaper" or 1 pixel repeated, and try the code you guys gave for the border around the edge of the page. Even though it's Sunday, heck I might just try it here before I make a fool of myself at work again! Man, I love this stuff. Thanks Thanks Thanks

Thread Information