dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: please review...

please review...

hi all,
    please take the time to give your imput on the new design for my site at
    http://www.literside.net

any constructive criticism appreciated...

Nice job! It looks better than it did before, but there are a couple of problems...

First, on my 800x600 screen resolution, there is a large gap on the left side of the page, why isn't the page centered?

You might want to use a lighter color of gray for the background your navigation links (on mouse over), as it is sometimes difficult to read.

When I put my mouse over the navigation links, except for the middle one (3 Fast 3 Furious), the other navigation links move. You could try, on hover, modifying the left margin to fix this, or simply use another technique rather than bold text.

In the random link of the moment box, when I place my mouse over the "iDarkside Forums" link, it the "© Literside.net 2004" moves to the right about 20% of the screen width, and the box breaks out of the white content area.

Also, you might want to use a different link class (no borders or background colors) for the W3C buttons at the very bottom of the page - of course, that's just a suggestion.

One more things, I'm honored to have be linked to.

thanks jona, i fixed those problems ( i think.... ) any other suggestions people have would be great

Yep, you fixed 'em! Awesome.

jona i just reallized that maybe i didnt fix it- the site looks weird in internet explorer and opera (i was designing it looking only at mozilla)

as you can see by looking at the pictures (see links below) that ie and opra mess up the postiioning of the text in relation to the random link of the moment. and Internet Explorer 4.01 messes up, well just about everything.

ive been racking my brain but i cant think of a way to fix it without making the random link of the moment look wierd.......any help GREATLY appreciated!

Internet Explorer 6.0 Internet Explorer 5.5 Internet Explorer 5.01 Internet Explorer 4.01 Opera 7.23

Let me start by saying that your choice of domain is... well.... hmmm....errr....
    anyway what I'm trying to say here is that "literside" reads like it has something to do with volume measurement ....

never really thought of it that way....but i have the domain for a year anyway so no point in changing it untill then -its not like im trying to sell anything anyway and need an amazing domain name

Should have gone with a-mazing.net then

Or litter-side!

im a dog person

i fixed the problems with the random link in ie.... and added the blog by Pyro called xbloglite ---BTW Pyro if you ever read this.... its the BEST free blogging software I have seen to date THANK YOU!!!

if anyone has more helpful criticism that would be GREAT ( i know that at the moment the blog doesnt validate --i messed up some of the html trying to get it to match the look of my site and i will fix it soon...)

Thread Information