www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: To admin (about smilies)

Hybrid View

To admin (about smilies)

Please automatically disable smilies between PHP tags.

If you can write the code to insert smilies, I would suppose you can also write the code to leave them out between PHP tags.

You can..

All you have to do is check the "Disable Smilies in This Post" checkbox when your writing a post.

Regards.

Originally posted by buntine
    All you have to do is check the "Disable Smilies in This Post" checkbox when your writing a post.
    But when you do that, it'll disable smilies in the entire post, and sometimes you want smilies. There will never be a need for smilies in PHP or CODE tags, so I also feel they should be automatically disabled.
    -Dan

well then you take the time to rip appart vBulliten and recode the sections, because im sure admins have more important things to do with their time... just disable smilies and do without them in that post.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Originally posted by DanieLTomaS
    But when you do that, it'll disable smilies in the entire post, and sometimes you want smilies. There will never be a need for smilies in PHP or CODE tags, so I also feel they should be automatically disabled.
    -Dan
    i think you can handle one post without smilies. even if you disable them and type ';' and ')' most of us will still understand you.

The more important aspect being re-skinning the forum to something more plausible.

Originally posted by Robert Wellock
    The more important aspect being re-skinning the forum to something more plausible.
    Well said!

While I agree that smilies should not be processed in PHP code, there have already been plenty of alternatives presented.

Originally posted by rhsunderground
    i think you can handle one post without smilies. even if you disable them and type ';' and ')' most of us will still understand you.
    'point

Thread Information