www.webdeveloper.com
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Thread: To admin (about smilies)

Hybrid View

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    575

    To admin (about smilies)

    Please automatically disable smilies between PHP tags.

    If you can write the code to insert smilies, I would suppose you can also write the code to leave them out between PHP tags.

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Melbourne, Australia
    Posts
    5,298
    You can..

    All you have to do is check the "Disable Smilies in This Post" checkbox when your writing a post.

    Regards.

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,592
    Originally posted by buntine
    All you have to do is check the "Disable Smilies in This Post" checkbox when your writing a post.
    But when you do that, it'll disable smilies in the entire post, and sometimes you want smilies. There will never be a need for smilies in PHP or CODE tags, so I also feel they should be automatically disabled.
    -Dan

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Scotland
    Posts
    15
    well then you take the time to rip appart vBulliten and recode the sections, because im sure admins have more important things to do with their time... just disable smilies and do without them in that post.

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Posts
    2,166
    Originally posted by DanieLTomaS
    But when you do that, it'll disable smilies in the entire post, and sometimes you want smilies. There will never be a need for smilies in PHP or CODE tags, so I also feel they should be automatically disabled.
    -Dan
    i think you can handle one post without smilies. even if you disable them and type ';' and ')' most of us will still understand you.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Nov 2002
    Location
    XYZZY - UK
    Posts
    1,760
    The more important aspect being re-skinning the forum to something more plausible.

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Jan 2003
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    10,413
    Originally posted by Robert Wellock
    The more important aspect being re-skinning the forum to something more plausible.
    Well said!

    While I agree that smilies should not be processed in PHP code, there have already been plenty of alternatives presented.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Canada
    Posts
    1,592
    Originally posted by rhsunderground
    i think you can handle one post without smilies. even if you disable them and type ';' and ')' most of us will still understand you.
    'point

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles