www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Fix the clock

Fix the clock

Will someone please fix the clock. It's an hour off.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    it works on my end. are you sure you have it set right?

Juuitchan is right. The clock claims to be GMT, but it is currently at GMT +1. It's ok for me (I'm in the UK and we use BST at the moment which is GMT +1) but it would be a good idea to fix it.

Adam

It's set so it's right for those in the US (dang daylight savings time). Personally, I agree - it should be set to GMT time, and those of us in the US can adjust as needed.

daylight savings is stupid. I wish we just set all of our clocks all year like they are in the summer with savings, sort of forget a time zone in the atlantic, then forget one in the pacific. Well maybe that would not happen, but it would be nice if it were light out longer all year, and its annoying playing with the clocks. Originally intended to save money on candles... woopy, I am saving a lot of money on candles!

one of the arguments on having bst was so poor little children could walk to school safely.

that is stupid too lol. If they have to walk miles to school the parents should be worried about them getting picked up by strange old men too, what is their protection against that? Anyone older then that age of 10 has enough sence to walk on the grass where the cars are not diving, or on the side walk, so why are kids <= 9 walking to school alone?
    edit: the only way a car will hit you if you are not walking on the road is if the guy is drunk, and how is well lightning going to keep a drunk guy from hitting you? If you are dumb enough to walk in the streat when it is not light out then maybe you deserve it... this is an issue for darwinism to take care of. I am a big support of darwinism in this sence, if you are an idiot maybe you should get eaten by a lion or something.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 05-08-2004 at 10:37 AM.

Diving cars?
    Lightning for protection?
    I love it!

But seriously, in rural areas, there are no sidewalks. You walk along the side of the road.

diving cars! sweet submarine mobiles.
    Lightning for protection, even more awesome, see a bad guy, fry him! About walking on the side of the road/in the grass, which is why we have bright clothing and reflectors.

"It's set so it's right for those in the US (dang daylight savings time). Personally, I agree - it should be set to GMT time, and those of us in the US can adjust as needed."

How on earth is this GMT+1 or BST right for those in the US?

Why be US-centric? If you want to do that, just use one of the US time zones.

Originally posted by Juuitchan
    How on earth is this GMT+1 or BST right for those in the US?
    One word: Daylight Savings Time - oh wait, that was three...

Originally posted by PeOfEo this is an issue for darwinism to take care of. I am a big support of darwinism in this sence, if you are an idiot maybe you should get eaten by a lion or something.
    WHOOH! GO DARWINISM!!! Actually, I'm not so much in favor of killing complete idiots as rendering them infertile... you know, weed out the gene pool and all.

how can you expect ANY child to walk home, even during daylight, while many of us cant even produce proper HTML-code?

Originally posted by MstrBob
    WHOOH! GO DARWINISM!!! Actually, I'm not so much in favor of killing complete idiots as rendering them infertile... you know, weed out the gene pool and all.
    but they slow down society

Yes, but the true idiots will do in themselves.

Darwin Awards

Thread Information