www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sasser worm suspect confesses to police

Smile Sasser worm suspect confesses to police

Hmm, wonder how they caught 'im...

he prolly said something like, "oh yea, well I am a bigger nerd then you all, I made the sasser worm" at a lan party or something... this is like all great murders, the person will eventually tell someone about it and get caught. Just my bet.
    http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,119372,00.html
    I saw this story a little while before I saw this thread.

Yeah, I wouldn't be surprised if he even turned himself in, as I'm sure someone like him wouln't mind the reputation of the creator of one of the most wide-spread effective viruses in computer history.
    -Dan

Looks like it was the Microsoft reward that did it.

As an aside, what do you think of Microsoft's plans to ship XP SP2 to everyone, without blocking pirated copies like SP1 does?

Adam

This same kid was the one who made the netsky worm, they found source code for that on his machine and other stuff. That jerk gave my mom netsky, and through my mom gave me netsky! Grrr!

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    This same kid was the one who made the netsky worm
    Seriously? WOW. I haven't gotten Netsky, but I hear it can be pretty bad. Wow, two major viruses before he's out of school. I'm sure he has a long life filled with senseless hacking and making other people's lives miserable ahead of him
    -Dan

Hmm,..i don´t know. I´m from germany, too. and nerds over here think what he did wuz kool! I head sum people say they wanna take revenge for him and start new viruses, to blackmail him free from the Court!

Things like that have also good sites! because of guys like him i started using mozilla and linux...these haxors opened my eyes. Hopefully this poor guy did open sum company´s,too!

NEVERTHELESS: whut he did wuz wrong!

Originally posted by Jab
    Hmm,..i don´t know. I´m from germany, too. and nerds over here think what he did wuz kool! I head sum people say they wanna take revenge for him and start new viruses, to blackmail him free from the Court!
    Wow, Germany sounds like a charming place.

I feel so bad for the people of Germany.. or their reputations anyways. I can't help that whenever I picture a german, I picture a hax0r with a Hitler moustache shooting someone in the 4s5 or something, and I know it's wrong, but it's the image that I've gotten, even though know it's more pinpointed at hating Nazis, and Nazi supporters (We're studying the Holocaust in Social Studies, can you tell?)

Well, anyways, Dan, I bet your happy. That thing f***** your computer up! If I were you, I'd hope that he goes to jail for a good hunk of time, though I doubt he will: some company will probably bail him out and ask him to work for them

Originally posted by omega
    some company will probably bail him out and ask him to work for them
    Yes, that's what I was thinking too Like in The Core, where that ultra-nerd guy is caught with computers, and he isn't supposed to have them, so instead of going to jail, he gets to work for the government That pisses me off big.
    -Dan

Well, evil S.O.B.'s or not, they're geniuses, and any computer company would want to have them on staff. Stuff like the Sasser worm is probably all for publicity.

If companies hired more people like him then maybe they would be able to do their jobs properly and not make defective products.
    I have no doubt that they try and make cracker-proof programs but they're obviously not trying hard enough if some kid can dodge round all the security barriers.
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Maybe if Microsoft hired some ex-hackers, they could better protect their systems from hackers? Of course that would require thought for M$...

I actually think IE is MS's only fault... Windows is a good product. Well, maybe XBox is another folly, but we won't get into that

Thread Information