www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Tables

Tables

does any one know how to make a table inside of a table? If so, could you give me the code. Thanks

What does this got to do with CSS? (apart from that nesting tables is a horrnbly bad way to make site layout and that CSS should be used instead)
    // Stefan Huszics

Originally posted by Stefan
    What does this got to do with CSS? (apart from that nesting tables is a horrnbly bad way to make site layout and that CSS should be used instead)
    exactly....i posted this up in the HTML board earlier and got referred to here. CSS obvisouly has a code for this and i didnt really need to be yacked at by you. If you were gonna make a smart a$$ remark then just dont post. I asked for a code not any opinions.

I just read the post you made in the HTML forum and the reply that you got there. The reason why you were adviced to take a look at the CSS board is that you're not supposed to use tables at all for layout (like Stefan said, you should use CSS instead).

If you explain the effect you are trying to accomplish, I'm sure we can help you with a solution!

Cheers!

Originally posted by numba_one
    exactly....i posted this up in the HTML board earlier and got referred to here.
    I've actually bumped into your post on that forum now.

Obviously you have missed the fact that your question was answerd in it. AFTER it answers your question it suggests you shold not use it but instead use CSS and said you could find help here if you needed it.

In short, try to pay attention to what people tell you.
    // Stefan Huszics

Thanks for noticing the obvious!!! I think I know how to read, and I do know that it was answered. I posted it up on here to see if some one could give me a CSS code for it. Genious

Originally posted by numba_one
    Thanks for noticing the obvious!!! I think I know how to read, and I do know that it was answered.
    It also mentions that you should do a search for the answer, and at least I don't have time to spend my free time helping an ignorant 12yearold with an attitude, so I suggest you take the advice of using search.
    // Stefan Huszics

Originally posted by Stefan
    It also mentions that you should do a search for the answer, and at least I don't have time to spend my free time helping an ignorant 12yearold with an attitude, so I suggest you take the advice of using search.

12 year old???? uhhh you might wanna add 5 on to that, but you know what, it dosnt even matter what age I am. These forums are for help, they arnt for people to make smart ass comments on, like you have done. So im gonna be a MAN and close this out, unlike you had to keep argueing!! Now look who is 12?!?!?!?!?

If you had come here and stated, "I wanted to use nested tables, but I was told CSS was better. Here's a link to my code. (show link) What tips can you give me to not use tables and to use CSS instead?" I think you would have been much better off. You came to the CSS section of this forum and asked a non-CSS question while giving no real hint as to what you were trying to do in regards to using CSS. A person told you that it was a non-CSS question and you told him his reply was a smart a$$ remark. That's showing some class.

Now let's repeat the advice you were given. Do a search on this forum for "CSS for layout," "Tables for layout," or any combo you think might return some hits. After you have done that, if you have questions, ask away and provide a link to your code so the rest of us can see what you are trying to do.

Thread Information