www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Valid Teachers?

Valid Teachers?

Ok, well, I had a lot of time on my hands, and decided to check the validity of code of some of my web teachers... here's how they stacked up:

WebDeveloper.com
    Errors: 973

Web Monkey
    Errors: 192

HTML Goodies
    Errors: 171

WebDeveloper Forums
    Errors: 159

PHP.net
    Errors: 6

And The Only Valid One:

W3 Schools
    Valid XHTML 1.0 Transitional!

Do our teachers really know what they're doing? (Just Kidding, no offense to any of them. They still most likely know more than me) Like I said before, I had a lot of time on my hands...

with goodies it is to be expected. Also these forums are a premade vbulletin thing, no one here coded them, they were bought like this. And I am sure php.net showcases php not html

Oh, oh, you got a problem with HTML Goodies? You want to take this outside, tough guy? Just kidding, but seriously, I just found irony in these websites which are there to teach us webdesign don't use valid code. And as for this forum, I know its vBulletin and all, but considering how often people keep telling each other to Validate! Validate! I simply found it amusing. Don't be getting me wrong, I validate all of my webpages as well. But maybe my teachers should learn a thing or two?

Originally posted by MstrBob
    Oh, oh, you got a problem with HTML Goodies?
    lol. Well actually, if you look at some of the HTML tutorials, though they're good for beginners, in one article he states that a document is perfectly fine without any <HEAD> tags!
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

also something along the lines of "no doc type is neccessary if you have the <html> tag"

Okay, let me just defend HTML-Goodies for a second here. Now, oddly enough, I have never read the HTML tutorials (don't ask) but many of the other tutorials have proved useful (IE: JavaScript tutorials). In reality, if it wasn't for this site, I would be using HTML ONLY (no CSS, JavaScript, and now PHP) but more importantly, I would never have found this forum!

HTML Goodies has a link labeled discussion, and that's how I found this forum and the good people that populate it. So, just leave HTML Goodies alone! Unless you want to deal with me!!! No, really, I'm serious! Hey... stop laughing at me! Come on, now, guys, I can be intimidating! O-okay, it's not that funny! Look, just leave HTML goodies alone, and, erm, no one gets (their feelings) hurt.

...but many of the other tutorials have proved useful (IE: JavaScript tutorials)...
    I agree, the JavaScript tutorials proved useful, it's where I got started (the 30-day primer or whatever), but in the case of HTMLGoodies, it's not "all good."

...I would never have found this forum!
    I don't know, JupiterMedia, who owns http://www.webdeveloper.com, http://www.internet.com, http://www.earthweb.com, http://www.webreference.com, and many other sites, is a pretty big network...

hehe, not to get off subject, but Jona referred me here, lol. heh, something like stop asking me questions on AIm and ask here, or i made this up just now...i cant tell, lol.

=Necz

Originally posted by Neczy
    heh, something like stop asking me questions on AIm and ask here, or i made this up just now...i cant tell, lol.
    Now Neczy, where in the world did you come up with that comment? I've never said anything like that in my life!

It might be a very large network, but I've had a very sheltered "web development childhood"&copy;

EDIT:

echo("This is my 100th post!! Yayness for me!");

<offtopic>
    Congartulations on the 100th post! Just one thing... it had too much... echo to it...
    </offtopic>

Joe Burns probably has good teaching skills but teaches you incorrect things.

Originally posted by Jona
    Congartulations
    Don’t you mean “Contargulations”?
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

Originally posted by Paul Jr
    Don’t you mean “Contargulations”?
    Actually I don't, I say "congartulations" and "contargulations." They're both mine! Copyright &copy; 2004 Jona. All rights reserved.

Originally posted by Jona
    Actually I don't, I say "congartulations" and "contargulations." They're both mine! Copyright &copy; 2004 Jona. All rights reserved.
    Ah, well I᾿ve only seen you say Contargulations so I thought that’s what you meant.
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

Thread Information