www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Blocking Ips

Blocking Ips

I know how to block IP adresses, but is there any way for someone to get past it without using an different computer?

Re: Blocking Ips

Originally posted by alexn817
    I know how to block IP adresses, but is there any way for someone to get past it without using an different computer?
    You can't block anyone by blocking their ip.
    • 56k users can dial up and get a new ip
    • cable users can pull a new ip at their modem
    • users can go to another computer
    • or perhaps the best way is to simply browse through an annonimous proxy. There are so many of them, and they are so easy to use, here is the list I draw from www.anproxy.com

If you want security, make the user login server side. You can do this with a session and data base, forms auth, htaccess, or just do it w/ an nt pass if you have direct access to the server and can control this. But trying to block the ip of people you do not like will only stop the most comp illiterate people who do not know any better, and even then probably only for a little while.
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 05-11-2004 at 09:59 PM.

im trying to learn about this so i clicked your link
    i got to this page:
    http://ruweb.net/?page=suspended

also, i downloaded something called webtunnel to see if it let in blocked ips, but it didnt (at least the free version)
    can anyone recomend a free program that will cloak my ip?
    Last edited by alexn817; 05-12-2004 at 06:47 PM.

there isn't one... Browse through a proxy if you want to mask your ip. That sucks that my proxy list is gone.... AHHHHH. It would let you test the proxy before you try it....

Okay so what your saying is that you want to block a certain person and you cant, I know it can be done as alot of forums block the server so anyone with the same sever cannot view that certain forum. it has been done and the owners of the forums dont care if they dont get new members...

A friend of mine was at a certain forum and he got banned and what they did they block him and the actual server and because he has the same server as myself I cannot view the forum... damn that sucks

So I hope you understand what I'm saying...

If you are using Apache adding the this line to your .htaccess file will block access from a particular IP:

deny from 000.000.000.000

By only specifying 1 or 2 of the groups of numbers, you can block a range of IP addresses.

Originally posted by TheBearMay
    If you are using Apache adding the this line to your .htaccess file will block access from a particular IP:

deny from 000.000.000.000

By only specifying 1 or 2 of the groups of numbers, you can block a range of IP addresses.
    it still can't stop someone. This is why there are proxies. It is pointless to try to block someone because I could go around it no matter what. Infact, block a range of ips around mine, ill post it, 24.129.72.170, Ill run up in there and take a screen shot. Lets do this experiment.

hi,

I read the post and I have this easy question... If my computer is connected to a network of computer (intranet) and I want to find the real IP of the network going outside, what are the commands for that in DOS?

thx a ton

Originally posted by lunthegreat
    hi,

I read the post and I have this easy question... If my computer is connected to a network of computer (intranet) and I want to find the real IP of the network going outside, what are the commands for that in DOS?

thx a ton
    you can't very well see it on just any computer within the network, you need to look at that computer on the outside end of the network, the router, and get it from that. I do not think you can get the 'real' ip of your network from dos. You can from other servers though.

Thread Information