dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Ooh! Bloggy!!

Talking Ooh! Bloggy!!

Yo dudes!

I finally put together a blog... Just wanted to know what you guys thought.

My blog

It's rather purple and breaks in Mozilla and has too low a contrast; has it been TOOLman Tested I bet it hasn't.

Mozilla is weird, if you reload the page it works fine.

I think it looks good. Good job Jona!!

Originally posted by soccer362001
    I think it looks good. Good job Jona!!
    Thanks... Are you trying to scare me away with the evil smileys? Three different ones in a row? Yikes!

Originally posted by Jona
    Thanks... Are you trying to scare me away with the evil smileys? Three different ones in a row? Yikes!
    Why would I do that. I was just expressing my thoughts on how well you blog was designed.

I know.

Comments thing isn't workin' for meh And purple was voted the IGC(don't ask) where I live, but you make it look good. Great job man!
    -Dan

An Error Has Occurred

It appears the page you are trying to access () has been moved, does not exist, or has become currently unavailable. Please go back to the page you were viewing and try a different link, or return to the main page.

Your browser:
    Your IP address:

when i try to comment.

Also the way the comments are displayed is pretty plain

Ah, sorry guys, I thought I had fixed everything, but it turns out that I had to rename the directory the form's action pointed to. Anyway, it's fixed now, sorry again!

Refresh, I plan on making upgrades to the site through and through, and I'm not particularly skilled in formatting forms. I'll work on it, though.

Thanks Daniel, if you don't like the purple look, though, you can change it to the Paul Jr layout. I plan on modifying this layout a bit more soon...
    Last edited by Jona; 05-13-2004 at 09:44 PM.

I'm likin the bloggy, but when I go to Style Switcher, I get the following:

XML Parsing Error: not well-formed Location: http://cmm.sonoracabinets.com/jona/s...c6dedd9cc46830 Line Number 45, Column 54: <td><a href="switcher.php?css=purple.css&PHPSESSID=67c266e238bacb444fc6dedd9cc46830" title="Select this style">Purple People Eater</a></td> -----------------------------------------------------^
    Erm, I'm guessing its an XML problem of some sort. Anywho, besides the Purple People Eater colors, it's looking nice.

PHP automatically adds the PHPSESSID to the links, and when it does, it uses &amp; instead of &amp;amp;! I don't want to rely entirely on cookies, and I don't want to have to pass the value along every page...

Hey nice blog jona i tryed to add a comment too but no luck last nite. I love the borders on the left and right side of the divs. If you want a tutorial request i would ask you how to do that ive tryed off the A list apart tutorial but no luck.

P.S Love the links page too.

Yeah, I'll probably put up a requests area with categories--Photoshop/PHP/CSS/XHTML tutorials, good links/resources--and whatnot, so that you guys can see requests that have been made and I can write out a few tutorials or somethin'.

The comments area ought to work fine now, let me know if you still have trouble with it.

On the PPE, try to make the margins.. um... non-elastic. They don't need to be proportional, and PX's wouldn't hurt them. Ah, I feel so bad... everyone's commenting on the PPE schemes horrible colors, but noone's commenting on the elasticity. For shame, people! :P

Oh, just after I commented I noticed that "powered by xBlog lite" thing. Did you code that, or..? I hope you aren't using freeware... you're too good with PHP for that You might wanna have the comments display 1st at top, as well, I 'replied' to Paul's thinking he just posted it, and yeah... the ensuing unpleasantness occured. Also the form on top of the comments might be a good idea as well.

Ah, nothing but criticism... sorry bout that

Thread Information