dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: A new look, and design, opinions/ criticism needed.

A new look, and design, opinions/ criticism needed.

Hello all... I've recently finished up a redesign of my site and want to iron out any issues that I'm unaware of, and maybe you guys could help me fix the ones that I know all too well. Of course, http://projep.t35.com/ is still the url and none of the links have been changed.I know about the multiple container divs, and I ask you don't bug me about this: It was neccesary for the rounded corners. Also, I wanted the dropdowns to be fully CSS, and I couldn't get either of the .HTC tricks to work, any help on this would be appreciated.

And here's the link again for those too lazy to read the above: http://projep.t35.com/

The "rounded graphics," or at least most of the ones at the top, seem a bit chopped-off, and the width of the header is about three pixels smaller than the width of the rest of the document (navigation and down). But there's one thing that you really messed up on... You said, "randomness: redefined," and it should be, "randomosity: redefined"!

you are sending the xhtml as text/html

Yes, I am, mainly because T35 adds the <script> tag after the </html> tag. I don't think sending it as XML with bad code would help, now would it? Also, when I tested this offline (using PHP's content-type) it showed up as XML... I don't know why, but it did.
    And Jona, what do you mean about the header? I don't think it's too wide, and if that's not what you meant, then I'm lost... and the corners don't appear chopped off to me, in IE or FF. I don know about that annoying whitespace bar in IE, but I don't know why it's there >.<
    Last edited by Ben Rogers; 05-14-2004 at 08:16 PM.

I thought I said "wide" as in "width" as in horizontal, not "wide" as in "tall."

Anyway, I'm saying that the width of the header image is less than the width of the content area.

It fits perfectly when I'm viewing it. You are aware this os the header image, correct? And can you give me a screenshot, because I don't see what you mean by the rounded corners being chopped off...

it looks nice but im not a fan of E thing that follows you when you scroll

What, you don't like my logo? It's just a fixed background, no big deal, really. What I want to know, seeing as you don't like it is: Does it make the text hard to read at all? I didn't think it did, but that's just me...

Originally posted by omega
    It fits perfectly when I'm viewing it. You are aware this os the header image, correct? And can you give me a screenshot, because I don't see what you mean by the rounded corners being chopped off...
    Attached is a screenshot of the page. I have pointed out where it occurs, and what I'm talking about...

Originally posted by RefreshF5
    it looks nice but im not a fan of E thing that follows you when you scroll
    That's the best part!
    Attached Images Attached Images

you really think so Jona, I dont know makes the text a little hard to read for me.

Originally posted by RefreshF5
    you really think so Jona, I dont know makes the text a little hard to read for me.
    It might be a Macintosh thing, I know a guy on AIM that I talk to sometimes, and I have to make my (normally white with a blue background) text black so he can read it... It's a very light blue, so it's very easy to read for me -- easier than it used to be to read some of the headings on your site, Refresh. I had my contacts in then, too! lol.

maybe its a Mac thing idk but well I dont really mind it all that match. Maybe its just because Im frustrated that my stupid login wont work.

Huh, that is a problem. First off, maybe I should tell you I made the header with PhotoDeluxe, not Photoshop, so the lines aren't 100% correct, I had to use the line tool to be able to make the frame. I'll try to clean it up a bit. Most of that stuff I didn't notice before. I'll try making the corners around the image rounded, get rid of that line, and maybe see if stretching the image to 3px wider than it is. Thanks, I didn't notice that before. I'll get right on it.

Well, I hate to say I told you so, but... I told you so!!

Originally posted by Jona
    But there's one thing that you really messed up on... You said, "randomness: redefined," and it should be, "randomosity: redefined"!
    You do know that “randomosity” is not a word, right?

Thread Information