dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Vl-design: a new concept in webdesign

Vl-design: a new concept in webdesign

Hi,

This is my professional site. I used 3D art with Flash animations for the layout.

All the reviews are wellcome.

www.vl-design.com

Thanks!
    Last edited by vldesign; 05-16-2004 at 01:40 PM.

Cool Cool!

Cool site! I liked the artwork especially.

The only two problems are -

• The language selection images are too small and it is a little difficult to make sense of that page.
    • The scrollbar on the next page is sort of too inconspicuous. Try making it a little bigger.

Otherwise your site is excellent.

Yes, it looks cool, but from a usability standpoint, I couldn't find where to put my mouse for quite some time on the front page. Once I got in, it was difficult to read or navigate.

No doctype which means the website will not validate there are about 20 errors.

Most of the errors are easy to fix do you know how to use CSS becuase if you do you could control the page more easily with that or even change and use css for layout.

When using the script tag instead of using the language="javascript" use this <script type="text/javascript">

GRRR!!! Get rid of the window resizing/moving script!! I hate it when my window does that! If I want to close a page, I usually just slide my cursor to the top-right corner of the screen and click, but if I did that on your site, it would close the window behind it, and this is very frustrating. And you definitely need to get rid of the JavaScript scrollbars and replace them with normal scrollbars. If I have JavaScript disabled, how do you expect me to scroll the page? Also, get rid of the frames, and use CSS for layout. With A site like yours, it would be very easy to implement CSS rather than tables. You're gonna want to get rid of a lot of that JavaScript. I looked at the source of the main page and it appears that at least 80% of it(probably more) is JavaScript.
    -Dan

happen to check your site in an images off senario? I usually browse like that too save bandwidth, and your site comes up entirely black (no content)

Thread Information