dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Searching for an entry-level position as web developer

Searching for an entry-level position as web developer

Hello.

I've just completed my Web Development course at Sheridan Technical College in Hollywood, Florida and I am searching for an entry-level position as a web developer. I understand that there are entry-level positions in which they pay you as you train, but I am also open to non-paying entry-level positions as well.

Does anybody know where I can get started in terms of which types of companies to apply as a web developer for an entry-level position within South Florida?

My main suggestion would be to try to build a network of contacts in your location. Look for related users' groups and meet-ups where you can rub elbows with local web developers and managers. It's much easier to get past that initial HR screening of resumes if you get referred by an employee there. Contributing to open-source projects on GitHub and such can also be a way to build your network.

Also, does your college have any info on internships with local companies?
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

Thank you for the information, I really appreciate it!

In response to your question, unfortunately, my school does not offer any information regarding internships with local companies, it's whatever comes up, but so far nothing.

Thread Information