www.webdeveloper.com
Page 2 of 181 FirstFirst 12341252102 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

<observation type="random">
    It's a good thing we can be off-topic in the off-topic forum.
    </observation>

I like D12 - My Band! My mom doesn't let me listen to rap, but she doesn't know what I do when she's not around. I listen to 97.9 "the box" which plays rap only, 94.5 "the buzz" which plays alternative rock (Linkin Park, Trapt, Hoobastank, 3 Doors Down, Limp Bizkit, Evanescence, etc.). They're my favorite station. Then there's 96.5 which plays a lot of 80s (but mostly the good 80s) and some Evanescence and Creed (w00t! Go Creed!!) and other things like that. Then we have like three other 70s-80s stations. lol. My mom likes that older music, I hate it... Who listens to the Beach Boys!?

I like a fairly wide variety of music as well, but I absolutely dislike classical music as well as Country. (Kind of ironic, though, as I live in the state of Texas. )
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

Originally posted by Daniel T
    Worst: Jeff Archer Just kiddin' man. Maybe.

And my favourite is 96turnerri's old one(not sure if he still has it). It was the one with all the chicks. That was a NICE avater!

-Dan
    HEHEHEHEHE.... What about it Don't you like.. Lol...

The pic I use in my avatar was from about 4 years ago...... I'll put up a new one if you like
    It is not the wealth of a man which will decide his virtue, it is the virtue of a man which will decide his wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    I totally agree with Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcthug

Originally posted by jeff_archer7
    HEHEHEHEHE.... What about it Don't you like.. Lol...
    Heh heh.. I just thought it was very... um... Australian Now, whenever I here of an Aussie, I'll think of that Mighty Man of Valour with his arms crossed and think... "Whoa, better be careful 'round those Aussies, cuz they can surely beat the living $hit outta me!"

And dont forget it!!

Originally posted by buntine
    And dont forget it!!
    It is not the wealth of a man which will decide his virtue, it is the virtue of a man which will decide his wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    Quote Originally Posted by pcthug

Let's see...
    P.O.D. is ok.. (only have Satellite), Cold pwns... especially YOTS, Disturbed kicks ass in general, Linkin Park is pretty good, but Hybrid Theory is still their best. Limp Bizkit is good... I have CS&HFW + RMV... RMV is just horrible tho, Evanescensce was good, but they get old.
    Trapt is ok, Led Zeppelin... much pwnage, System of a Down: gotta be in the mood, but they still kix0r ass, Korn isn't too bad, Chevelle is pretty good, Deftones ya gotta be in the mood, 40 foot echo, I only have 1 of their songs (online friend from the RDS on a3 sent it to me long time ago), but it was good, Adema is good too... I've recently been obsessed with Placebo, Yellowcard, and Aphrodite because of their music on SSX3. Techno-ish, but I still gotsta hear some more of their music. Well, that's all I can think of right now. Rock, pretty much, with some techno if I hear a good song.

And evil is the only way. So I like my avatar (Avatar = Japanese aku character = evil).. but make no mistakes I'm american, not Native American or anything (You know who you are.)
    Last edited by Ben Rogers; 05-22-2004 at 05:57 PM.

Yellocard is awesome, too!

I would have to say Buntine is the only one here who has good taste in music. :P
    I mean, c'mon... Evanescence? Yellowcard? Led Zeppelin? Placebo? Hoobastank? 3 Doors Down? Sheesh. ... But since I am a big Eminem fan, I'm with Jona on the D-12 song.
    Last edited by Paul Jr; 05-22-2004 at 08:36 PM.
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

d12, 3 days grace, korn, rage against the machine, couple trapt songs, some eminem, krs one, acdc, cypress hill, some creed, dmx, pod, papa roach, some kazzer, linkin park, some mad capsule, some nelly, some mxpx, offspring, queen had a few good ones, i dont mind smashmouth, sum 41, swollen members is alright, system of a down is ok, tubthumping (chumba wumba), some white stripes

and for parodies, my favorites are weird al yankovic, adam sandler, and opie and anthony.

That's good music

Aah, we're off topic as always. Anywho, it seems many of use, coolely, like rock. Omega, you are awesome, really awesome. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, Rolling Stones, The Doors - awesome classics, ya gotta love. Also Audioslave, Jet, Nirvana, Pearl Jam, QotSA, Sometimes Metallica and Rage Against the Machine. Linkin Park and the Vines are good too. And The Darkness... they amuse me, crazy brits that they are. But getting back on topic somewhat, I love my avatar, "Disco Sucks!"

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Originally posted by Jona
    I like a fairly wide variety of music as well, but I absolutely dislike classical music as well as Country.
    personally, i can stand anything that ISN'T country. omega, your muzak choices - !. i was in a punk band for about a year and they got me into come really interesting stuff. if you guys want to hear a funny album, just ask - i've got plenty. as far as a favorite band, STAIND HAS HAXORED MY HEAD!!! they have amazing lyrics and damn fine muzak to go along with it. dashboard confessional is also quite haxorific, along with a band out of Lincoln, NE, USA, called mr. 1986. currently i'm on a big matchbook romance fix. they're a bit more than i usually go for, but a couple songs by mudvayne make me want to flipping haxor M$!!! assuming i knew how, of course. i have a bit of a random midi composition here. it's more of 8 songs i duct-taped together, but the end is schweet. tell me what you think! (unless you think it suxors).
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Originally posted by rhsunderground
    tell me what you think! (unless you think it suxors)
    I think your host sux0rs! (it doesn't allow me to access the midi file because they're throwing hissie fits about their bandwidth consumption Make a page with it on it (or link to one), then we'll be able to here it
    -Dan

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Wow... now we're listing bands!

Anyway, I don't see how you can like some bands... Like AC-DC or Led Zepplin... We have a Rock station here, but I rarely listen to it; I'm a fan of alternative rock and "modern"/hard rock, but ... AC-DC? lol. Now if you're talkin' Van Halen, that's a whole different story!! (I know Peo will agree with me here. )

There's this parody band called "ApologetiX," which seems interesting. The re-did Alient Ant Farm's/Michael Jackson's Smooth Criminal, and called it Smooth Grandmama.

Originally posted by Jona
    Wow... now we're listing bands!

Anyway, I don't see how you can like some bands... Like AC-DC or Led Zepplin...
    Jona, I like you. Don't go there with Led Zeppelin. There will be lots of pain. You can like whatever you like, but never disrespect Zeppelin. Besides being one of the best bands ever, they made the best song ever, and simply are the greatest ever. Just watch yourself, Jona.

Thread Information