www.webdeveloper.com
Page 61 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1151596061626371111161 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Originally posted by Ben R.
    You just lost any ounce of respect I had for you in respect to music.
    Read my edit, that was not exactly what I meant to say. You are probably the type of person that tries to make sense of zepelin.

You don't like it when they use metaphors? That's a pretty common style in any kind of poetic writing. As for making sense of the Zep- naw, they're pretty straight forward.

Zeppelin aren't exactly hard to figure out. Now if you're interpretting Floyd, I'd be agree they're kind of weird. But so what? They put thought and effot into the writing of lyrics. If they didn't, what would separate it from the crap pop that dominates the airwaves?

I was just wondering why they call that sort of music "Heavy metal". Then I thought "well when you hear that kind of music it would make you think of using a sledge hammer."
    From: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040713-12.html
    George W Bush said on 13 July 2004:
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

You don't like it when they use metaphors? That's a pretty common style in any kind of poetic writing. As for making sense of the Zep- naw, they're pretty straight forward.
    I am not saying use of metaphors are bad, it is when they use odd metaphors when I have to really think about what the heck the artist is trying to communiate to me. Okay, if zeppelin is straight forward then let me someone dysect their biggest hit: stairway to heaven.

You can write creative lyrics, with a creative subject, creative rhyme, neat aliteration, and metaphors, but when you write the lyrics just so your audiance has to sit down with the lyrics and dysect it is gay. This is not some shakespear or something.

Alright, let's just stay away from music bashing. One can bash any type of music. Oy Vey we've been debating so much as of late.

Originally posted by MstrBob
    Alright, let's just stay away from music bashing. One can bash any type of music. Oy Vey we've been debating so much as of late.
    I am not saying a type of music sucks (well I am... rap rock), but I am mainly saying one particular band sucks

Says the person who codes to dance, with Star Wars desktops. RAtM is good stuff.
    *Strangles the mouse*

It's TRANCE and STAR TREK (TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, not TOS)!!!
    Look at the avatar... Does that look like an X-Wing to you??

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    woot TNG!
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

So you're basically saying you don't like it if an artist makes you think? I'd expect nothing less from you Peo.

So you're basically saying you don't like it if an artist makes you think? I'd expect nothing less from you Peo.

No, I am saying I do not like it when an artist makes me think too much. When I have to really think deeply about a song and look for double meanings it is too far. GOSH I WANT TO JUST GET THIS POINT ACROSS BUT WORDING THIS IS A PAIN IN THE BUTT. MAYBE IF I WRITE SOME LYRICS ABOUT IT I CAN EXPLAIN IT LOL.

Originally posted by PhillMc
    Look at the avatar... Does that look like an X-Wing to you??
    Is that Voyager? It looks like it...

any fool can see that it is not an x-wing... It is clearly the millenium falcon. That is the only ship to make the Kessel Run in under 12 parsecs. That is way faster than the imperial cruisers which makes it great for smuggling
    Last edited by PeOfEo; 01-30-2005 at 08:34 PM.

She'll make point five past lightspeed. She may not look like much, but she's got it where it counts, kid. I've made a lot of special modifications myself.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Alright, let's just stay away from music bashing.
    let the wookie win.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Thread Information