www.webdeveloper.com
Page 63 of 181 FirstFirst ... 1353616263646573113163 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

Originally posted by PeOfEo
    I am not saying use of metaphors are bad, it is when they use odd metaphors when I have to really think about what the heck the artist is trying to communiate to me. Okay, if zeppelin is straight forward then let me someone dysect their biggest hit: stairway to heaven.

You can write creative lyrics, with a creative subject, creative rhyme, neat aliteration, and metaphors, but when you write the lyrics just so your audiance has to sit down with the lyrics and dysect it is gay. This is not some shakespear or something.
    I beleive Stairway to Heaven is about someone who truly beleives in human nature dying; that there were those who trusted, and they've all gone. You're just a lazy listener, Peo.
    Originally posted by PhillMc
    *Strangles the mouse*

It's TRANCE and STAR TREK (TNG, DS9, VOY, ENT, not TOS)!!!
    Look at the avatar... Does that look like an X-Wing to you??
    Meh. What's the difference? BTW, what's an x-wing? And no, it looks more like a nerf ball.

I'd be scared to go to any kind of convention, I've angered so many geeks. I'd be attacked with fooking 1st edition wookie battle axes.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Originally posted by Ben R.
    BTW, what's an x-wing?

*takes exorcised demon, inserts in ben*
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

That would kick so much ass.

Now I want to be possessed by a demon...

you could always become republican...

(no harm intended, just a little joke)
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Originally posted by rhsunderground

And YOU tell us not to start debates!!!

Originally posted by rhsunderground
    Hmm... no, I think I'll just be whatever Peo isn't. Unless it means supporting someone who could fill a website with mispeach and cause the whole world to hate my home country (a president, is, after all most important for his appearance, as far as I'm concerned).

I beleive Stairway to Heaven is about someone who truly beleives in human nature dying; that there were those who trusted, and they've all gone. You're just a lazy listener, Peo.
    that is not dysecting the thing. If you go through the song I think you will find that it makes absolutly no sense at all. The lyrics are, I would not say thrown together, but highly illogical. If you try to make sense of it you end up looking way to deep. Keep in mind this is not supposed to be shakespear, find every double meaning, this is supposed to be music.

OMG, this thread reaches the 1000, almost!

Hmm... no, I think I'll just be whatever Peo isn't. Unless it means supporting someone who could fill a website with mispeach and cause the whole world to hate my home country (a president, is, after all most important for his appearance, as far as I'm concerned).

I support internet accessibility. And css. Now lets talk about your future use of tables and background music.

You are one of those people who just likes a pretty boy president?... tsk tsk.

that is not dysecting the thing. If you go through the song I think you will find that it makes absolutly no sense at all. The lyrics are, I would not say thrown together, but highly illogical. If you try to make sense of it you end up looking way to deep. Keep in mind this is not supposed to be shakespear, find every double meaning, this is supposed to be music.
    I am inclined to agree.

You can simply listen to the music if you want, but music is art, and if you don't like that, go get some Jay Z and Ashanti, or whatever.
    Originally posted by LiLcRaZyFuZzY
    OMG, this thread reaches the 1000, almost!
    SHUSH! There are bitter mods about! Please, do not let the fool's insolence trouble you, revered moderators! *bows, hails, et cetera*

I am inclined to agree.
    YAY! I AM NOT THE ONLY ONE WHO IS RIGHT!!

I support internet accessibility. And css. Now lets talk about your future use of tables and background music.

You are one of those people who just likes a pretty boy president?... tsk tsk.
    Er, what? Both presidents were ugly. I just want to move to Australia and get it over with.
    I am inclined to agree.
    You listen to electronica and classic music, and hate the human voice in muzak. You have no say, as far as I'm concerned.

Hey classical music is good stuff. Bust out the tchaikovsky

Thread Information