www.webdeveloper.com
Page 153 of 181 FirstFirst ... 53103143151152153154155163 ... LastLast
Results 2,281 to 2,295 of 2712

Thread: Avatars

Soccer has picked up popularity here in the US in the last couple decades, but if a World Series, Super Bowl, or NBA championship game was on at the same time as a World Cup final game, I think a lot more TVs in the USA would be tuned to the former (even if the USA team actually made it to the finals in the World cup, though it might be a close thing then).
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Is there any particular reason why the World Series is called the World Series? That one has always bugged me.
    Disclaimer. (1) Whilst I will help you sometimes, if I feel like it, and my advice in relation to your actual question will be of good quality: my posts are to be taken with a pinch of salt. I will be sarcastic, deploy irony and include obscure cultural references for my own amusement without warning.
    (2) You will gain nothing from complaining, and if you try to argue with me then you will not win. No matter how noble your battle seems, I am still better than you, don't be an hero.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_series
    Quote Originally Posted by http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_series
    The term "World Series" (short for "World's Championship Series") was first used in the 1880s, when baseball existed at a highly-skilled level only in the USA and international travel was rare. The traditional term "World Series" continues to be used for the Major League Baseball championship.

Back from the game, a 2-2 draw. I hate draws, that's my only gripe with soccer/football in general. But, my son finally scored his first goal this year so it's all good. My main gripe with MLS is that they don't run their season in conjunction with the rest of the world. Makes it tough during World Cup and other international competions.
    Jon

St. Louis 7, Detroit 2

Did you hear about the Detroit reporter saying the Tigers will win in 'three' if they can stop laughing.

Looks like the Cards must have heard about it. I've got a ticket for game 4 if I'm willing to spend $450. My best friend in St Louis has 2. He's given me first chance at going with him.
    Jon

Merf. Guys drooling over baseball when there's wrasslin' to be watched. Gimme that remote control!

At least there's nothing fake or cheating about it...goes and washes pine tar, I mean dirt, off left hand again
    Jon

Oh, piss and moan. There's lots of fakery in movies, and nobody whines about that.
    Last edited by Mr Initial Man; 10-24-2006 at 09:23 AM.

Hey, Jon. Today is "Wear Pine Tar to Work Day!" Wave at all your sticky friends. Show your support of cheating in the World Series!

I find a little glue from a glue stick, then rubbing it in dirt, works pretty good. It doesn't stain like Kenny Rogers dirt does but I don't have any pine tar.

At least when wrestlers cheat, they don't hide it in shame. Well, pro wrestlers, anyways.

I'm not sure how this got away from Avatars, but I still stand that mine is the best.

/end thread
    Thousand different paths
    So many sterile ends
    I chose the Devil's path

Never shall the sun kiss my face
    And caress me with it's burning light
    For I dwell in the shadows
    And sleep side by side with death

I dunno. I'm all for putting up portraits of yourself, but to call it the best? Isn't that a tad egotistical?

But he's so cute. btw, it got started because my avatar is now up 2 games to 1 in the World Series.
    Jon

Thread Information