www.webdeveloper.com
Page 171 of 181 FirstFirst ... 71121161169170171172173 ... LastLast
Results 2,551 to 2,565 of 2712

Thread: Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by EricG1793 View Post
    Are you referring to the HP vs Dell thread? Or am I missing something even more major than that?
    I think it was some sort of birthday thread. Unfortunately, I can't exhume that one, as it was locked. And it ran to well over 1000 posts, while this hit the 2000 mark about a year ago, I think.

EDIT: It was more than 2 years ago.

Here was the original 2000th post: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...postcount=1999

And the current 2000th post was then the 2000th reply. http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...35251&page=171
    Last edited by Mr Initial Man; 11-08-2008 at 10:24 AM.

2552 posts all about nothing. Thank GOD this isn't going to be the downfall of the Internet.
    **(o)>***<(o)
    ___|| * * *
    *||__ , * * * * * * * * (o)>
    \___/ * * * *\___/ * * * * * * *___//
    iiiiLLiiiiiiiiiiiiiii_/_|iiiiiiiiiii~~~~~~ \___/~~~~~~~~~

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny G View Post
    2552 posts all about nothing. Thank GOD this isn't going to be the downfall of the Internet.
    o/` Do you have the time
    o/` To listen to him whine
    o/` Of everything and nothing all at once?
    o/` He has got the itch
    o/` To piss and moan and b
    o/` So sit down, shaddap and hear all about it...

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    today's history lesson:

back in the good old days there was no coffee lounge. the basic rule of thumb was that threads were to stay on-topic (and web development topics only) during the monday-friday week. on the weekends, the moderators let off a little bit and threads were allowed to get "silly." come monday, however, threads were to be back on-topic. the creation of the coffee lounge in april 2004 brought a place to have "off-topic" discussions whenever we wanted. quickly this became, per capita, the most-discussed place on the board as shown from this post on 02-28-2005:
    Quote Originally Posted by rhsunderground View Post
    the lounge now has 26 threads of 100 or more, including 7 of 200+ and, of course, 2 of 1000+. the lounge currently sits at 27.52826855123674911660777385159 posts per thread, ahead of the 9.0482985729967069154774972557629 for the websites review forum. i appreciate the effort of all of you, trying to keep Jick and i ontop of the most powerful forum in the WORLD!!!

MWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA !!!!!!!!!!1!1!!!1!!1!!!1!!1!!11!!11!1!1!!!1!!one!!!11!!1!!1!1!!1!!!eleven!!1!1!!!

</evil>
    as you can tell, we had lots of fun here. because i spent most of my time here, i was made a mod in june of 2004. since then the era of the great "discussion threads" where a topic was started and people jumped in all the time until mayhem ensued has been slowly fading - a quick glance at the lounge main page shows only 4 non-stickied threads with more than 15 posts and one of them is this thread. however, the lounge is still the lounge, and as long as i'm a mod here it will be the place to be.

some epic threads of note:
    Forum Building Help - the original super thread currently has 598 replies. it features many of the original "big names" on the forum - the people that got this place off the ground and kept it going.
    Happy Birthday, Peo - originally, obviously, a happy birthday thread, it soon devolved into an attempt to overrun this thread as the forum's largest. it got out of hand and was opened and closed a few times before it was finally put to sleep in august of 2005. it died with 1201 posts.
    The real HP Vs. Dell battle - this one also got out of hand a few times, but remains open with 519 posts.

the 10 longests posts in the coffee lounge: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/fo...plycount&pp=10
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

How would you view the 10 largest threads, regardless of forum?

We've been discussing thread lengths, and I decided to have a look through the various forums I could get at and find out what was the longest threads in each.

For most of them, I have 1 post, but if the largest thread(s) is/are sticky and/or locked, I'll include that/those plus the largest unsticky open thread as well, giving a maximum of 3 "longest threads".

I can't give statistics for forums which have no threads I can access (which include #8, #12-#15, #17, #19, #23, #35), "forums" which are essentially groups of forums ( #1: Client-Side Development; #18: Server-Side Development; #32: Etc.; and #39: Site Management), forums that simply redirect me (#34, 36, #38), or the E-Commerce forums (#24 and #25, which I don't think I should have been able to access), but for the rest, I give the forum thread name, a link, and the post count.

Without furthur ado:

Longest Threads by Forum (Arranged by Forum Number)

Notes:
    1. Locked
    2. Sticky
    3. One of the 10 longest threads
    4. Longest Non-Coffee Lounge Thread
    5. Shortest "Longest Thread"
    6. Post still on first page of forum
    7. Post moved to Coffee Lounge
    8. Poll

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Initial Man View Post
    *Pokes the thread*
    Do that again and we'll have to cut off your poker.

PS: You ain't got nothing on this thread.
    Last edited by NogDog; 01-23-2009 at 08:10 PM.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

That's because everyone keeps abandoning this thread!

It's just a bit off topic don't ya think?
    If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...
    The same applies to HTML and the forums [HTML][/HTML] tags.

Let me fix that--where is your avatar from?

If you are using PHP please use the [PHP] and [/PHP] forum tags for highlighting...

Okay... who is Prince Laharl?

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Initial Man View Post
    Okay... who is Prince Laharl?
    http://letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=Laharl

I wanted an avatar at the same time as I was playing Disgaea a lot, so for lack of anything else to pick I chose the main character of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by letmegooglethatforyou.com
    Was that so hard?
    Yes. Yes it was. You'd be amazed how difficult I can make things.

Besides, Google is often useless. Permit me to demonstrate:

http://www.letmegooglethatforyou.com/?q=Case+Car

You're looking for an automobile built by the Case company. Lotsa luck.
    Last edited by Mr Initial Man; 01-24-2009 at 09:00 AM.

Thread Information