dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 162 of 181 FirstFirst ... 62112152160161162163164172 ... LastLast
Results 2,416 to 2,430 of 2712

Thread: Avatars

As far as I know, the only thing that makes The GIMP better than most other graphics tools is the price (free); and since I'm not a graphics artist, that's the right price for me.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Sounds like it would be a good choice for me, too.

Finally had time to actually post again. I'm usually checking this site out at work, and have to stick to actually web development topics when posting from there.

Ducky Fuzz was a drinking game we occasionally played back in the dark ages while I was in college. You actually needed everyone to be a little intoxicated before playing. It was real simple. Everyone would sit in a circle. The person to start the game would look either to their left or right and say fuzzy duck. The person they looked at would then either turn the other direction and say fuzzy duck, or look back at the person and say ducky fuzz. This would continue faster and faster until someone messed up and had to drink. I know, silly game.

Oh, sounds fun. I never got drunk in college, though. Tipsy, yes. Drunk, no.

The most fun was some of the pronunciations that would come out. My favorite was once when a girl I had just turned to and said fuzzy duck to looked back and said f*** a duck. Of course I replied with duck a f***, to which she replied NEVER! The only sensible thing to do at that point was down our beers and leave together. Unfortunately, I ended up married to her a year or so later. That's when the fun stopped.

Oh, my innocent eyes!

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Initial Man
    Oh, my innocent eyes!
    Come now, I've read your comics.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    Come now, I've read your comics.
    They're not mine! They're Scott Ruhl's! I just did the website for them, that's all!

Mind you, it says a thing or two that I actually found those comics funny. *Mumblegrumps and loses moral high ground.*

Just figured I'd change my avatar to get this thread going again.

Now that's dedication to a thread. Getting it revived even if it means hate mail.

Here's the thing about frames that no-body seems to want to admit: they worked. Not well, but they worked.

Besides, the nice thing about flame wars is they last a wonderfully LONG time and they are endless amusement to someone who likes to stir the pot to see what comes up.

The forum must have thought I meant the hate mail would come from me - I was logged out when I came back to reply. Anyway, I would admit that, but I also changed to something better as soon as it came along.

So did I. I went from client-side includes to server-side. Still can't beat Frames for layout, though...

*Grins evilly, is setting out "accelerant"*

Even though nobody seems to be biting yet, this is my attempt to keep you from humiliating yourself any longer, just to keep the thread going. Maybe my new avatar will bring the Missouri Tigers luck like it did the Cardinals back when I changed it last time.

For those who don't know, the University of Missour Tiger football(American) team is playing Oklahoma tomorrow for the Big 12 Conference championship. If they win, they will play for the National Championship in January.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    Even though nobody seems to be biting yet, this is my attempt to keep you from humiliating yourself any longer, just to keep the thread going. Maybe my new avatar will bring the Missouri Tigers luck like it did the Cardinals back when I changed it last time.

For those who don't know, the University of Missour Tiger football(American) team is playing Oklahoma tomorrow for the Big 12 Conference championship. If they win, they will play for the National Championship in January.
    As much as it hurts me to do so, I'll be pulling for Oklahoma, as I'm a Big Ten fan and would prefer to see Ohio State play for the championship. But it's not that important to me, and if it doesn't work out for OSU then I'll likely be pulling for Missouri to win it all, then.

Unfortunately, my alma mater just lost the MAC championship game, and so will not be going to any bowl game.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Thread Information