www.webdeveloper.com
Page 173 of 181 FirstFirst ... 73123163171172173174175 ... LastLast
Results 2,581 to 2,595 of 2712

Thread: Avatars

And the winner is scragar, although I'm having trouble getting it uploaded. Of course, I hear that people in Liverpool would disagree, saying that the 2 greatest football teams in the world are Liverpool, and the Liverpool Reserves.

Note, this doesn't mean I don't like American Football, there just wasn't anything worth seeing in Missouri this year from the Chiefs or the Rams.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid View Post
    And the winner is scragar, although I'm having trouble getting it uploaded. Of course, I hear that people in Liverpool would disagree, saying that the 2 greatest football teams in the world are Liverpool, and the Liverpool Reserves.

Note, this doesn't mean I don't like American Football, there just wasn't anything worth seeing in Missouri this year from the Chiefs or the Rams.
    Chelsea disagrees as well. Personally I think ManU wins out slightly, Chelsea should be where they are, they just got bought up the table, stupid money governed systems...

What's wrong with your upload?

Eh, soccer. I've tried watching it from time to time over the years and just never got into it. A bunch of guys running around for 89 minutes of aimless activity punctuated by maybe a total of 1 minute of excitement. Supposedly highly trained athletes who when kicked in the shinguard roll around in agony like they just received a compound fracture, and then a minute later are up and playing again. And 90% of the time when it looks to me like something exciting is finally going to happen, it's blown dead for being off-sides.

But then I enjoy baseball, yet I realize those who have not grown up playing and watching the game usually have little to no appreciation for it, so I suppose it's the same for me. We played soccer maybe once or twice a year in gym class in high school, and that's about the extent of my playing experience, and it had just about zero coverage on US television when I was growing up.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

Only thing wrong with my upload was me trying to do it too fast during lunch break. I was using the wrong size pic - right size for another forum I frequent. As far as Chelsea, a couple of years ago maybe, even if I hate to admit it, but right now it is absolutely Man U. How can anyone argue with the current champions of England, Europe, not to mention the World?

Even though I don't like Chelsea, I really felt for them when Lampard got sent off Sunday. It looked like they borrowed some refs from the league my son's high school is in. My son only got 2 yellows this year, even though he probably deserved at least 5. Thing was, the 2 he did get were on clean tackles. Same at every level I suppose.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Quote Originally Posted by wamboid View Post

yeah, the closest thing i have to a favorite NFL team is the chiefs. maybe next year...

i vectored a horse ass trophy for mine

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Initial Man View Post
    Actually, it's a very fair representation of a lot of the problems with using google: Sometimes you simply CAN'T find what the heck you're looking for, because the words are so common!

Here's another thing to google: Recorder. How many links have anything to do with music? (Thanks to Wikipedia, you CAN find something on the musical instrument.)
    Hmm, back when Napster was back I was into this obscure band called Incomplete that was on a split with another more popular band and wanted to see if I could find any more of their music. It was IMPOSSIBLE to find anything on them, it just kept bringing back a bunch of "Some random popular song -incomplete" files that were well... half of a song. Or Bad Religion- Incomplete- incomplete... you know, half of the song "Incomplete" by Bad Religion...

So just refine your search a bit to recorder musical instrument.
    "Please give us a simple answer, so that we don't have to think, because if we think, we might find answers that don't fit the way we want the world to be."
    ~ Terry Pratchett in Nation

eBookworm.us

NogDog: It's helpful that your suggestion will work for recorders--but xvszero's predicament still stands.

<ontopic>
    Thought I'd try a new avatar.
    </ontopic>

Looks kinda cool. What is it?

It is a 50 x 50 pixel GIF. Geez, like it wasn't that obvious.
    It's also a self portrait.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunny G View Post
    It is a 50 x 50 pixel GIF. Geez, like it wasn't that obvious.
    Mew. Mew on you.

By the way, it looks pretty cool.

If I were to change my avatar, what should it be?

Thread Information