www.webdeveloper.com
Page 58 of 181 FirstFirst ... 848565758596068108158 ... LastLast
Results 856 to 870 of 2712

Thread: Avatars

  1. #856
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Location
    Aberdeen, Washington, USA
    Posts
    1,859
    Yeah, he's back to ripping off South Park from me.

  2. #857
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    Posts
    2,166
    naw, i go for the real, 2D south park
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

  3. #858
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Coast, Australia
    Posts
    271
    I really don't think south park is for kids, It is the same for The Simpsons, and most of today’s cartoons.

    It either has violence, or bad rude language, or both that parents would not like the kids saying.
    From: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040713-12.html
    George W Bush said on 13 July 2004:
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

  4. #859
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,771
    It's not for kids. South Park, The Simpsons, Family Guy (love that show), Futurama and the like aren't for kids. They're meant for teens and adults who catch the amusement in them. And they're funny, so there!

  5. #860
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama, United States
    Posts
    833
    Originally posted by smercer
    I really don't think south park is for kids, It is the same for The Simpsons, and most of today’s cartoons.

    It either has violence, or bad rude language, or both that parents would not like the kids saying.
    Of'course not. Neither was written for children. I believe the Simpsons began as a side show on SNL and eventually became it's own show.

  6. #861
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,422
    Originally posted by smercer
    I really don't think south park is for kids, It is the same for The Simpsons, and most of today’s cartoons.

    It either has violence, or bad rude language, or both that parents would not like the kids saying.
    What's your point? I don't think it really matters, though. Swears are simply words, and if the kid understands the material, it obviously isn't going to corrupt him. As for violence? Violence is something that isn't going to go away. People are inherently violent- and although kids tend to get, er, "inspired" by it, it's not going to ruin them... it's just going to make life a little less pleasant.

  7. #862
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Big M
    Posts
    669
    Originally posted by Ben R.
    What's your point? I don't think it really matters, though. Swears are simply words, and if the kid understands the material, it obviously isn't going to corrupt him. As for violence? Violence is something that isn't going to go away. People are inherently violent- and although kids tend to get, er, "inspired" by it, it's not going to ruin them... it's just going to make life a little less pleasant.
    No, you just don't notice. I am not saying its your fault, its just who you are. You are mature, you understand what is being said and you know whether or not to take it seriously. I have seen some of my little cousins be brainwashed by the media. It makes me sick what they have turned into. (I still love them of course ) It does make a difference.
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

  8. #863
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,422
    Originally posted by theuedimaster
    No, you just don't notice. I am not saying its your fault, its just who you are. You are mature, you understand what is being said and you know whether or not to take it seriously. I have seen some of my little cousins be brainwashed by the media. It makes me sick what they have turned into. (I still love them of course ) It does make a difference.
    Brainwashed? What do you mean by that?

  9. #864
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Coast, Australia
    Posts
    271
    Originally posted by Ben R.
    Brainwashed? What do you mean by that?
    Kids do watch these things, and I find that the kids that watch them are not the way the parents wanted them to grow up as.

    Just look at it like this; if you are in an environment that is violent, and use bad language, you might have the best parents in the world, but its not just the parents that affect behaviour it is the environment as well.

    Kids still have a lot to learn, but they still have to learn that what they see on tv is not always appropriate behaviour.
    From: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040713-12.html
    George W Bush said on 13 July 2004:
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

  10. #865
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    The Big M
    Posts
    669
    For example, they think killing is just a game. They do not see what it really is. I tried to talk to them about it, but they just wouldn't listen... but I guess thats probably because they are too young to understand. Other ways is how they've been taken over by corporate America to buy their products and play their games (of course.. they have been doing that for years). Parents feel they need to shield their children from this. For preventing profanity, and adult things from children.... you've got to protect their innocence for as long as possible. Have you read Catcher in the Rye? yes.... it is inevitable that their innocence will tarnish and there is no use moping about it, but there is nothing wrong in trying to protect them from the evils in the world...

    Another thing would be how young people have become much, much more sexually oriented in years. The average age in which people of had sex keeps going lower and lower. It gets sort of disgusting when you see freshman in highschool have done it and such. They're so small its nasty. Of course, being an upperclassman in highschool myself, there are some hot girls in my class that I wouldn't mind.... umf.d..sd. ... I mean, yeah. So I bet that is pretty disgusting too to people of higher ages, but I just don't see it.
    Last edited by theuedimaster; 01-29-2005 at 08:26 PM.
    <? Damn Browser Incompatibilities ?>
    Dell 1505~2.0 Core Duo~1 gig DDR2-533~ Radeon x1400(256mb)~ Hitachi 100gb 7200rpm
    <? Go Blue. ?>

  11. #866
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Posts
    2,422
    All right- I went through about 5 drafts for this post, but I couldn't think of a way to touch such a subject without sparking debate. Plus, child-rearing won't be my business for 4 more years, at the least.

  12. #867
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Coast, Australia
    Posts
    271
    Originally posted by Ben R.
    All right- I went through about 5 drafts for this post, but I couldn't think of a way to touch such a subject without sparking debate. Plus, child-rearing won't be my business for 4 more years, at the least.
    for some reason, I'm good at starting a debate, and I don't even try (not that I mean to). any way you didn't "spark the debate", I did (I must confess).
    Last edited by smercer; 01-29-2005 at 09:19 PM.
    From: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040713-12.html
    George W Bush said on 13 July 2004:
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

  13. #868
    Join Date
    Jan 2004
    Location
    Alabama, United States
    Posts
    833
    Well, we're not arguing; just talking.

    Originally posted by Ben R.
    All right- I went through about 5 drafts for this post, but I couldn't think of a way to touch such a subject without sparking debate. Plus, child-rearing won't be my business for 4 more years, at the least.
    What do you mean? Male children are able to produce offspring as early as 12 years of age; some rare cases have reported earlier.

    Another thing would be how young people have become much, much more sexually oriented in years. The average age in which people of had sex keeps going lower and lower.
    I have noticed. The most common age for a child to have his/her first sexual experiance is 14. What's scary is I've read about younger. The problem isn't a lack of education; it's that the education is geared the wrong way. It's rarly taught now that one should wait until marriage or a serious relationship, instead it's taught as 'perfectly normal' and instead of passing out discouragement they pass out condoms. Heck, today they're taught that there are no consequences, "If you get pregnent, terminate it". At this rate, it'll only get worse.

  14. #869
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    North Coast, Australia
    Posts
    271
    Originally posted by PhillMc
    I have noticed. The most common age for a child to have his/her first sexual experiance is 14. What's scary is I've read about younger. The problem isn't a lack of education; it's that the education is geared the wrong way. It's rarly taught now that one should wait until marriage or a serious relationship, instead it's taught as 'perfectly normal' and instead of passing out discouragement they pass out condoms. Heck, today they're taught that there are no consequences, "If you get pregnent, terminate it". At this rate, it'll only get worse.
    Debate alert!!! At least I don't have to take responsibility for that one (even though I agree with you).
    From: http://www.whitehouse.gov/news/relea...040713-12.html
    George W Bush said on 13 July 2004:
    although we have not found stockpiles of weapons of mass destruction, we were right to go into Iraq.
    George Bush is officially a professional liar, and even professional liars make mistakes in telling lies.

  15. #870
    Join Date
    Jul 2003
    Location
    New York City
    Posts
    2,771
    Originally posted by smercer
    Debate alert!!! At least I don't have to take responsibility for that one (even though I agree with you).
    Whoah... smercer, this is weird. I... I agree with you.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles