www.webdeveloper.com
Page 8 of 181 FirstFirst ... 6789101858108 ... LastLast

Thread: Avatars

No offense, but in my opinion, all of those weird screwy anime shows deserve to lose their network deals.

Originally posted by Daniel T
    No offense, but in my opinion, all of those weird screwy anime shows deserve to lose their network deals.
    I aggree, todays anime sucks. But another thing that was better back in the day was anime, original trnaformers, original speed racer, wasn't thundercats anime too, what about the original he man? THAT WAS A GOOD SHOW.

Peo, not only are all those listed shows an insult to entertainment as a whole, you fail to realize the difference between immature and informal. Please don't question my maturity, which in most cases is not impacted by age. Next to calling me a liar, that is the most insulting comment you can make. And it's obvious you don't like modern rock, which IS good music, but most classic rock and metal I detest as much as classical music itself. Most of it is washed out, stereotypical, bad music. Some is good, but I still think modern rock is better. Anyways, you can stick to your... whatever you listen to, I'm listening to the Deftones, and lovin' it .

bah. Ill call you immature because you listen to immature music and your taste is not refined. Would you like me to analize alternative rock band by band and get down into the nitty gritty of why it sucks so bad and how it is music without a soul? Classic rock is the best music of eras past, it is rock with a purpose, rock that was great. Listen to the scorpians, they had some of the best rock love ballads ever. If you listen to metal you owuld know it is not that stereotypical garbage, which the bands mudvane and I guess I could lump in ramstein personify. Those bands are utter crap. Go download some blind guardian, some symphonyX, some iced earth, some mega death and see what power metal and thrash are all about.

"my taste is not refined"... this is a VERY common comment someone makes when someone's taste is different from their own. True enough, I may not like the the music I do now in years to come, but I highly doubt I'll like oldies metal.

And, please do be specific with your arguments... makes 'em easier to shoot down.

EDIT: Typo
    Last edited by Ben Rogers; 05-27-2004 at 05:17 PM.

refined, refined, refined, not redefined. Your music is all about money, and the bands care less about the quality of their sound then their gimics... you are getting ripped off when you support this kind of music. Like I said, go download some of the scorpians and some of the bands I mentioned before, see what classic rock and metal are all about before you go on saying its washed out. I have heard alternative rock before and I say it is utter crap, listen to what I listen to and compare.

For music, I tend to like anything that isn't Pop, Country, or R&B.

If I could, I would- that way I'd be able to actually argue, having heard what your talking about, but alas, Dial-up. Unless I feel like spending another 2 hours waiting for it to download.... not gonna happen. My opinions so far are based on what I've previously heard.

Plus, you don't know the band's agendas, opinions, and/or reasons for doing what they do, and for the most part, it doesn't matter. If a baker doesn't like baking, are you being ripped off when you buy their bread? Anyways, I STRONGLY doubt the incentive bands have for playing is any different now than it was 'then'.

Originally posted by omega
    If I could, I would- that way I'd be able to actually argue, having heard what your talking about, but alas, Dial-up. Unless I feel like spending another 2 hours waiting for it to download.... not gonna happen. My opinions so far are based on what I've previously heard.

Plus, you don't know the band's agendas, opinions, and/or reasons for doing what they do, and for the most part, it doesn't matter. If a baker doesn't like baking, are you being ripped off when you buy their bread? Anyways, I STRONGLY doubt the incentive bands have for playing is any different now than it was 'then'.
    yes, if the baker is trying to maximise revenue and starts lacing his bread with broken glass or whatever instead of flour, then I would say you are getting ripped off. That is what is happening with your music, have you ever noticed that you get maybe 1 good song when you buy a cd and then the rest is filler? They did not taken any time when they wrote that, they just needed to get a song out. Back 'then' music was not as corrupted as it is now by record lables.

No, I haven't noticed... but I have a screening process: if my sister (into heavy metal, so this doesn't apply much anymore) says it's a good CD, or my friend Jeff (into all the same music as me, but is more obsessed with Led Zeppelin than I'll ever be) says it's a good CD, I'll buy it/ burn it. So, I don't have much experience with bad CDs... and seeing as I have quite a few CDs, that's saying something.
    EDIT: Typo (2).
    Last edited by Ben Rogers; 05-27-2004 at 06:15 PM.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    hows about we leave the great muzak wars as such, with guidelines that all (sober) can agree on :
    1)people like different muzak
    2)lyrics can be interpereted many ways
    3)today's anime suxors
    4)country suxors
    5)i have a navel
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

This thread grows ever more. Just to catch up, I have seen Cowboy Bee-Bop, Inuyasha, Big-O, and some Trigun. Basically, I watch Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network for all of us night-owls. Plus futurama and FAMILY GUY!) Anywho, let me just say that despite what any of you say, I KNOW that Classic Rock was awesome. Led Zeppelin, Pink Floyd, The Doors - they all put a lot of thought, heart, soul, and a helluva lot of talent into their music. But sadly, EVERY genre has bands that ruin it, that destory the credibility of the genre to non-fans. When I think metal, I think cheesy hair bands of late 80s. When I think of punk, I think of Good Charolette. When I think of alternative rock, I think of Poppy, I hate my life, pseudo-rock. But, this is simply my opinion. So I must agree with rhsunderground (would be shorter if I knew your name, eh?)

Except for the fact that today's anime sucks. And I second the motion. I, too, have a navel.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    don't know my name, eh? you could call me daddy...
    Originally posted by rhsunderground
    omega - your name is ben? my name is ben. or enigma, depends on where i am. you like good muzak? i like good muzak! we're practically sisters!
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Originally posted by MstrBob
    I watch Adult Swim (on Cartoon Network for all of us night-owls. Plus futurama and FAMILY GUY!)
    Eh, never seen Adult Swim or Futurama... I've seen a bunch of Family Guy, though. That show is hilarious! Especially the little baby, he's so obsessed! LOL! The only thing is they get a little perverted sometimes, and they have too many swears for my taste... I need that thingie... What's it called? Bad Word Beeper? lol. I don't know, but it's that device that beeps out all the bad words. I need that...
    Visit Slightly Remarkable to see my portfolio, resumé, and consulting rates.

Anime does NOT sux0r, and that's also a matter of opinion. BTW, is this what you meant by "I hate my life" rock?

Take me under/ I'm giving in to you/ I'm dying tonight/ I'm giving in to you/ Watch me crumble/ I'm giving in to you/ I'm crying tonight/ I'm giving in to you
    -"Giving In", by Adema

It's about teenagers, drugs, and depression pretty much, but it's a positive message, which you'd only get if you listened to the lyrics... it's saying how they ruin the lifes of everyone involved. Good song... you should listen to it

j33buSs, Jona! Are you always this upset about swears? Damn... you wouldn't be able to stand my school; the only person I haven't heard mutter/ say/ yell anything profane is the headmaster.

Thread Information