www.webdeveloper.com
Page 94 of 181 FirstFirst ... 44849293949596104144 ... LastLast
Results 1,396 to 1,410 of 2710

Thread: Avatars

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rogers
    Green Day is meh... I don't care for them too much. *shrug*

I'm sorry, I just cannot associate with such people! Sigh...fine. Think whatever you want to think.

Actually, I didn't really care much for them either. I thought they were meh. UNTIL UNTIL UNTIL (had to put the emphasis in there) I heard the American Idiot CD. Best CD ever made. hehe and until I saw billie joe on the cover of last month's Rolling Stone. Sigh...again, I am saddened at the lack of girls. I promise I'm not some ditzy shallow girl but...sigh. Billie!
    Fell in love with his Keno waitress,
    They honeymooned in Memphis,
    They were married by the drive up window.
    Trailer parks, neon signs,
    And an empty box of Lucky Strikes,
    All used up on the dashboard of America.
    --All You Can Ever Learn Is What You Already Know (The Ataris)

I've not listened to American Idiot, but right now Soundgarden's Superunkown will make it hard for me to see it as even close to the best CD ever made. I'd personally nominate Black Sabbath's "We Sold Our Souls To Rock and Roll" for that position. *shrug* Heh... don't worry, hlv (your name sounds like an std ). We know you're not a ditz... geek chic will be in eventually.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    who's gonna go see green day in concert? oh, yeah......THIS GUY! cost me $41.10, but it will be worth it.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

I've never been to a concert... For now I just have to ride off the tremendous satisfaction I get from drowning out Usher or whoever with Iron Maiden's "Bring Your Daughter to the Slaughter."

oh that's so sad that you've never been to a concert. Actually, I went to my first just a few months ago. It was...MXPX and the Presidents. I love the presidents. Man, I was so angry that Green Day's not coming anywhere even CLOSE to me. According to the GDA it looks like they're only going to be out east, at least any time soon. But seriously. Ben, I don't know what kind of music you're really into, but American Idiot is just...well, let's put it this way. I listen to it about five or six times a day. In fact, it rarely if ever leaves my CD player. I'm listening to it right now. YAY! And if you think "hlv" sounds like an std stop calling me that! Hooloovoo is an intelligent shade of the color blue. Wow this is a long post. At least for me. Tee hee. Get me talking about American Idiot and I seriously won't shut up. It's like a...novel, only each chapter is a song. OK I'll stop now.
    Fell in love with his Keno waitress,
    They honeymooned in Memphis,
    They were married by the drive up window.
    Trailer parks, neon signs,
    And an empty box of Lucky Strikes,
    All used up on the dashboard of America.
    --All You Can Ever Learn Is What You Already Know (The Ataris)

I need to go to more concerts. Last one I went to was Modest Mouse at Radio City. I might wind up going to the U2 concert later on, though I'm pretty much 'meh' about them. Audioslave and Foo Fighters (both rawk) have new albums coming out, which usually means tours! In terms of dream concerts, that'd be if Led Zeppelin and Pink Floyd did reunion tours. Those concerts would rock.

<ontopic>*coughEMUAVATARcough* </ontopic>

"Hooloovoo" takes too long to type, so bah to that idea. Green Day is something I could like, but just don't. They're not bad, but... eh. Lately I've been listening to Aphex Twin, Black Sabbath, A Perfect Circle, Soundgarden, and Iron Maiden... but that's mainly because I have a 5 CD disc changer. If their songs have meaning, or originality, or just pure quality, then I'll probably like it. I tend to stick to techno, and rock, though... hip-hop, rap, country, classical, and trance are all pretty ****, from my experience.

If I could go to any concert, it'd be a Sabbath one... sweet monk-ay jesus, that would kick arse.

Quote Originally Posted by hooloovoo24
    it looks like they're only going to be out east, at least any time soon.
    i'm not sure how you define east, but nebraska ain't exactly on the atlantic coast.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Out East, eh, Hlv? Maybe I should give them a chance, just to make you jealous...

so i just put this thread in the "hybrid view" mode. i think i actually heard the server shudder when i did that.

Hmmm... Talking about avatars... I can't seem to change mine...

Same with my title... =\ Wagga! Mixed blessings, ne?

I had a new Avatar all ready to upload.

i think they're gonna fix that...

I hope so. My avatar's kinda boring, and I wanna put something on that's... "yooneek" :-D

Thread Information