www.webdeveloper.com
Page 95 of 181 FirstFirst ... 45859394959697105145 ... LastLast
Results 1,411 to 1,425 of 2709

Thread: Avatars

Please stop talking about avatars... I removed mine and now I'm stuck with no avatar at all... it's awful, I have no identity (
    The danger of religion lies in its most attractive feature. It is the arrogance that comes with thinking you possess the ultimate knowledge.

.: My Web Development Site :: My Personal Site :.
    .: Web Design Quiz :: PHP/MySQL Quiz :: Test the Dvorak keyboard layout :.

"Please stop talking about avatars..." No can do, Andre, I like this thread.

Really, though... we need custom titles, and avatars back! I shouldn't modified my signature, it's 500 characters < length was grandfathered in... though the webcomic listing was kind of... too much. =\ We need some moddage!

The admins were asked to get avatars back, but when that will come about, I dunno. It could be like the situation shown in the following comics:

http://www.imagerie.com/vale/avarch.cgi?503
    http://www.imagerie.com/vale/avarch.cgi?504

WE HAVE OUR AVATARS BACK! *Dancedancedance*

4c3! 7h1s c411z f0' s0m3 L337! *d4Nc3z0r2*

Finally I can express my views regarding Trerry Schiavo
    The danger of religion lies in its most attractive feature. It is the arrogance that comes with thinking you possess the ultimate knowledge.

WTF? I can't say I'm exactly against a crossed out cross, it's ironic enough to be clever, but still... I'm an atheist, so I'm not offended, but I'm probably alone.

I will change this avatar if someone exaplins to me why it is more offensive than the crossed Bush associated with monkey faces.

After all, I think Bush is a very smart person and I found that avatar offensive, yet I didn't complain about it.
    Last edited by amazing_andr3; 03-28-2005 at 04:24 PM.

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    it is more offensive because christianity is the major religion in the english-speaking world, while politics is much more spread out and based on personal opinion. not to say that religion isn't based on personal opinion, but rather that people are more easily offended on the basis of religion that politics.

personally, i satire the religious right openly, but not here, and i don't attack the base of the religion.
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Happy now?

A series of tubes known as the "internets"
    thanks mate
    "Outside of a dog, a book is a man's best friend. Inside a dog, it is too dark to read." - Mark Twain

Quote Originally Posted by amazing_andr3
    I will change this avatar if someone exaplins to me why it is more offensive than the crossed Bush associated with monkey faces.

After all, I think Bush is a very smart person and I found that avatar offensive, yet I didn't complain about it.
    Also, Bush is an individual person (one who has done things deserving him put in a satirical (rw?) light (IMO). He's not an entire belief system (or, at least, shouldn't be considered one), he hasn't existed for thousands of years, etc. *shrug* Plus, admit it. The crossed out cross was just to rile people.
    Quote Originally Posted by amazing_andr3
    Happy now?
    Ah, there we are. One question... what is it?

Quote Originally Posted by Ben Rogers
    Ah, there we are. One question... what is it?
    LOL. it's a cloud...

I did find the crossed-out cross a bit offensive, mostly because that's the religion I was brought up in. I don't, however, find "ANTI religious right" offensive, since the Religious Right could mean anyone from "conservative Christianity" in the US (with whom I have issues with) to the pagan Nazi party, to the Taliban of Afghanistan.

BTW, nice cloud.

lol I think Avatars are cool..... Mine especially, Cause I rock...... I care not if you disagree cause you don't rock (as much as I) ,,,,,,,,]]
    It is not the wealth of a man which will decide his virtue, it is the virtue of a man which will decide his wealth.

Quote Originally Posted by wamboid
    I totally agree with Jeff.
    Quote Originally Posted by pcthug
    I totally agree with Jeff.

Thread Information