dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Latest site

Latest site

Finally got the latest website up and running, lemmy know what you think. I know I've broken all the principle "rules" in web design, I've heard all that already, but tell me how you LIKE the site, not how I should have coded it. Does it look good? Everything working ok? Is the design apropriate for the content? Is the layout easy to understand?

Also, sorry for the popups, the client only wanted web design, not domain name registration or placement on an ad-free server, so we get to deal with the ads on her existing server.

Edit: Duh, helps to link to the site, hmm? http://candidaarial.actorsite.com

Andy Oliphant
    A&M Design Studios

Technically what you're asking for is a site review. Do you mind if I move the thread to the review section?

If we keep purely to aesthetics in IE, the site looks good. I like the way her head interrupts the top curve on the page. Personally I might have gone for a grey font rather than a purply one, but that's probably a boy/girl thing (assuming your client chose it).

If you visit http://candidaarial.actorsite.com/np.html in firefox you will notice your overflow code is proprietary, so it screws the page up. where you have overflow-y: auto; change it to overflow: auto; Provided the code within doesn't exceed it's width you won't get a horizontal scroll, and it will then be better in anything other than IE.

The inserted ads are screwing with your code, so tell your customer that next time she gets a big contract she has to get some hosting...

Cheers

Cool, thanks. I'll get on that code change. Move the thread wherever you like, I didn't even see the reviews section. The layout of this message board changed since I last posted, so I just came straight to 'general' without looking around.

Andy Oliphant
    A&M Design Studios

Thread Information