www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Script without style?

Script without style?

While Web Developer extension of FF allows to enable/disable features at will in any combination, can anyone think of a real life situation where a user would have CSS disabled and scripting enabled for reasons other than "Gee, lets see what happens if...."
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

An old browser perhaps.

Take Netscape 4 for example, if you include the .css file it won't be able to use it, however there is no way to hide JavaScript from it (that I know of).
    Every fight is a food fight when you’re a cannibal.

Let me clarify: "DOM Compliant Scripting"
    if(document.getElementById) takes care of older browsers...
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

some oblique form of screen reader or text browser?
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Originally posted by DaveSW
    some oblique form of screen reader or text browser?
    I was thinking about it, Dave.
    First do we know of such browser?
    Second, even in theory, how would such browser handle the following statement:
    element.style.display = 'none';
    Will or should it be ignored because the script attempts to modify style property that is not supported (we are talking about a browser that does not support CSS) or remove that element from the flow ???
    Vladdy

There's an interesting list here: http://66.102.9.104/search?q=cache:M...+support&hl=en the only one which appears to support javascript is kfm, but I'm still trying to find a download location. (Does it still exist?)

The other idea I had was opera. Some people browse with styles turned off - if the color scheme is awful...
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Thread Information