www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: how to embed .mpg in a html page

Question how to embed .mpg in a html page

help please!

i need to know how to embed a jepg file into a web page so that it runs automaticaly.

its to put on a cd to send out and i need it to be able to plasy it with out being connected to the internet

Can you explain again please? your title says an mpg file. your text says jepg (jpeg perhaps?).
    Anyways, make sure the links are relative - place it in the same folder as the page and put your links src to simply be the filename.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Exclamation how the problem stands now

sorry i wasnt thinking when typeing!! heres the problem as it stands after the weekend. i have an mpeg file that is placed in a html page with the following line.

<embed src="head1.mpg" width="342" height="281"></embed>

the problem is that i when i view this page on different machines the .mpg file is played in different ways on different viewers e.g. realplayer / windows media player. i want to be able to define a certain viewer and false them into viewing it on that view so that i know the movie is going to come out how i want it to.

sounds simple? heres the twist!! the pages are not going to be live they are going to be on a cd so i need to be able to get them to use the viewer with out having to go on line to get it or use online refrences, as the whole idea of the project is to bring part of the internet to the people who cant get online.

thanks for any light you maybe able to shine my way.

If your user has Real Player as their default player for mpg files, then Real Player will launch when your page opens up. You cannot control the player to launch upon viewing your page.

The only thing you can do is inform your user maybe to download the player you wish them to use for viewing this page. But then again, the process of downloading requires internet which beats the purpose of having it on a CD!

The best option is to use the correct MIME and clsid even though the user has most control.

Thumbs up

cheers its all working now. sorry about the late reply ive been away on holiday!!

Thread Information