www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Google adwords success anyone?

Hybrid View

Google adwords success anyone?

Recently I obtained a voucher for google adwords, so I decided to give it a go. They were forecasting my £25 voucher would be gone in just under two hours. Instead, it hasn't had any clicks in about a week.

Part of this is undoubtedly that I put accessibility compliance in the 70 characters. Maybe nobody cares. So I revamped it to be all about how wonderfully cheap we were. Still no clicks.

So I wondered... has anybody ever got it working for them? I've got Mirago working a treat - lots of clicks and not too much money. But google?
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

I think it really depends on your "market" i.e. what key words and CPC budget. I imagine a "national" or international market would cost a lot of CPC $.

I've had great success with plastic surgery practice I manage, I only wanted "regional targeting" and get a total of about 500 - 1,000 exposures on 100 or "keywords" I get about 1% click throughs for 5-10 clicks per day, at $0.05 - $0.15 per click.

I know it's not a lot but it's better than what we were getting to that website before

I always make sure that I bid high for the "cost per click" CPC. Google is the best search engine that target the best prospects, so it's worth every penny.

It does have to do with your market as well.

How many "Impressions" do you get?

If you don't get any impressions then it's your keywords.

But, if your getting impressions then what is your CPC? You might want to pay more to be at the top of the "Adwords" section.

Try different keywords and look at which one's create the most impressions for your specific industry.

Then up your ante on the CPC.

I was getting thousands of impressions, paying about £5/click. Guess there's just too many people advertising web design out there.
    In a world without walls and fences - who needs Windows and Gates?! - Unknown Author
    "And there's Bill Gates, the...most...famous...man in the...ah...Microsoft." -- A TV commentator for the 2000 Olympics.

Web Design Faq? | W3C | Validator | Accessibility testing | Speed up your PC | Wura | Box Model Research

Dave,

I've also considered doing a design campaign... however I've never done it for a couple of reasons.

1. I know Adwords work
    2. I know how Adwords work.
    3. I know adwords may not work.

My example I tell my clients is this:
    I was selling a mobile internet service. I ran a Google adwords campaign, spent between $20-50 a month. Paying anywhere from 0.05 to 0.85 cents per click. I had a huge ROI on that campaign making nearly $11,000.00 over 6 months and spending about 250.00 total in that 6month timeframe. Thatís a HUGE Return on my Investment (ROI). I have yet to find another product I can sell on Google and see that type of return. ALSO consider I used Google for a very targeted market of only 5 cities in the entire world!

I have another client I setup on adwords who is also going great off of my system. it has turned a small almost useless side of there business into a full time job for someone! Selling this companies products online

I have one more example... I recently launched a site for a client they did adwords on there own without saying anything to me and has spent a bunch of money and seen no return at all! By the time I got to implement an ad group of what I suggested she shut it down because she was at or beyond what she would spend without sales. However my adgroup produced more clicks and it did produce sales. I couldnít convince her to keep the ad going at that point thou.

Moral of the story? Is it using Pete/Compguys Inc. is the key to success... No not really but it is a matter of looking at your target market and making a plan. You also need to know what your willing to spend to see if it works before you even get started.

Is the 25.00 enough to get started and see if it works... yes and no It's my Opinion it's worth at least 50.00 to see what happens and be willing to go up as 250.00 just to see if works.
    Compguy Pete
    The Benevolent Administrator

No child should have to deal with a Brain Stem Tumor...
    http://www.OneAna.com

Wow...targeting select cities using adwords is a really smart way to market! The click through rate is probably low because your only targeting a specific city....brilliant.
    I currently use google adwords for two of my sites, and it brings quality traffic; considering specific keywords of course. I think I'm going to try and target specific cities and see what happens.
    Thanks!

Thread Information