dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Official : "something went wrong" - Comments

Official : "something went wrong" - Comments

If you get a message saying "something went wrong" and want to give us more details on what you were doing, then please use this thread as we'll be monitoring it. As the message states, we have logged what was happening, regardless, feel free to add the following details:

What thread (URL) you clicked from when you got the message:

What you clicked to leave that page (which caused the message). For example, "I clicked the back button", "I was submitting a response", etc.:

Brad!
    --- My Signature ---

Same sort of error on your sister forum: http://board.phpbuilder.com/showthre...1#post11056755

screenshots attached there of the post I tried to submit and the error page I received.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog
    cwrBlog: simple, no-database PHP blogging framework

Thanks.
    --- My Signature ---

For this reply: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...81#post1478781

I had to remove the "<?php" that I had as the first line of my PHP code snippet in order to successfully submit the reply. That's the only change I made to it.
    "Well done....Consciousness to sarcasm in five seconds!" ~ Terry Pratchett, Night Watch

How to Ask Questions the Smart Way (not affiliated with this site, but well worth reading)

My Blog

Tried to open http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...vent-for-input and got that something went wrong error.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I can't post anything on HTML section 'cause I keep getting this error!

I just posted in this forum about a thread that is doing this.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

This thread http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/ne...reply&t=357957 has replies yet I get this error.

Therefore I assume that this error is a user account based error given that people are able to reply to it but I can't.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Your link doesn't work....Gussing you mean this one:
    http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...-with-an-input

I used the info you typed in that one and reported the findings to the IT people.

The issue is user based... But they need as much info as possible.....How-when- where did it occur? What were you posting etc..

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    How-when- where did it occur? What were you posting etc..
    It always occurs on posting any sort of code using BB code/tags ([ html ], [ code ], etc.). Also, when posting code using the "Go Advanced" option, Previewing the post produces the same error when trying to use those forum tags.
    In dog beers I've only had one.

Thanks guys for continuing to report these issues. I know that things are being tweaked based on the feedback. As Steve stated, (we've all debugged issues before, so) the more details provided, the better!

Quote Originally Posted by NogDog View Post
    For this reply: http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...81#post1478781

I had to remove the "<?php" that I had as the first line of my PHP code snippet in order to successfully submit the reply. That's the only change I made to it.
    Same thing with http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...89#post1480489

All I removed was the "<?php" at the start of the [php] block, and the reply was accepted.

My Blog

I can't post anything on HTML section 'cause I keep getting this error!

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    If you get a message saying "something went wrong" and want to give us more details on what you were doing, then please use this thread as we'll be monitoring it. As the message states, we have logged what was happening, regardless, feel free to add the following details:

What thread (URL) you clicked from when you got the message:

What you clicked to leave that page (which caused the message). For example, "I clicked the back button", "I was submitting a response", etc.:

Brad!
    nguyenbionline - we need more information. It'd be helpful if you told us what you were trying to post. You can add it to a Text file and attach the file to a post here.

Quote Originally Posted by Kevin2 View Post
    It always occurs on posting any sort of code using BB code/tags ([ html ], [ code ], etc.). Also, when posting code using the "Go Advanced" option, Previewing the post produces the same error when trying to use those forum tags.
    This was fixed for a while but broke again sometime this morning.
    In dog beers I've only had one.

Thread Information