dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: Official : "something went wrong" - Comments

... and again http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/ne...reply&t=362305 tried to make another response to this thread after making a post and it went belly up.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

I've let our tech/security guy know. I've also pointed him to this thread as well.
    Lots Of Software, LLC
    --- My Signature ---

and again... http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/ed...post&p=1499943

When I posted I made sure that the BBCode tags were opened and closed but one set posted as [code] [code] and I went back to edit the post and it then went to an error page when the item was saved.

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there \\.\,

I first notified the powers that be about this problem on the 21st July 2016...

...and since then absolutely nothing has changed.

The solution to the problem is quite simple and I use it for all my posts here.

On no account do I allow myself to click the "Submit Reply" button until I
    am 110% certain that the post is correct in every detail.

I do understand that you make a far greater number of posts than me and
    may find my method of proof reading to be rather irritating and inconvenient,
    but it is less mentally painful than beating one's head against the wall over
    a problem which the administration does not seem to consider important.

One hundred and ten percent contentment has been achieved, so I will now...

click the "Submit Reply" button.

coothead
    ~ the original bald headed old fart ~

Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    and again... http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/ed...post&p=1499943

When I posted I made sure that the BBCode tags were opened and closed but one set posted as [code] [code] and I went back to edit the post and it then went to an error page when the item was saved.
    Noted and passed to our tech team.
    Lots Of Software, LLC
    --- My Signature ---

IT's BACK..!
    http://www.webdeveloper.com/forum/sh...-function-once

Sadly, you’ve reached a page that can’t be displayed.

We’ve logged this action, so we are aware there is an issue!

At this time, please hit your browser’s back button or simply close this page!

The incident ID is: N/A.
    Event id: 1621616202819849701
    After a long break... It is finally back. I tried to make a post and then first indications that things went tits up was when I was asked if I wanted to leave the page after hitting the submit reply button and it went to the error page.

This warning occurs when something within a post trips our security checks. If you tried to post something and you get this, then first try again. If it fails again, then email me a message that includes what you were trying to post and the thread (URL) you were trying to post it to. One of us will try to post it to confirm it is tripping the warning. We'll then pass it to the security team to determine what caused the 'trip' so they can make adjustments.

Thanks,

Brad!

The strange thing is that most of the time the problem arises as soon as the warning asking if you want to navigate away from the page and in every case that the warning pops up, this error page pops up. Only on a small handful of accounts has the page just gone straight to error, especially when trying to edit a post and then the save process will do a number of things, in every case will result in an error and then the error page and the script being edited can either end up with the last [/code] being omitted or half the script within the [code] ... [code] being obliterated.

For a security routine, its got some issues, especially with the way it handles the changes.

Again..!
    its done it again, trying to edit a post. The edit was removing a string of text that wasn't needed.

This time didn't get an Alert asking me about moving away from the page, it just went straight to the error.

If you can say what post (link?) and what text you were trying to remove, that helps.

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    This warning occurs when something within a post trips our security checks. If you tried to post something and you get this, then first try again. If it fails again, then email me a message that includes what you were trying to post and the thread (URL) you were trying to post it to. One of us will try to post it to confirm it is tripping the warning. We'll then pass it to the security team to determine what caused the 'trip' so they can make adjustments.

Thanks,

Brad!
    Hi Brad,

I'm new and I tried to make my very first forum post and I also got the error message as outlined above. I've tried multiple times in different browsers.

What's you email address so I can show you what I'm trying to post?

Many thanks.

His address is -> bjones at quinstreet.com

Quote Originally Posted by Steve R Jones View Post
    His address is -> bjones at quinstreet.com

Thank you.

I'm guessing something in the code you are trying to post is triggering the issue. You include a pretty long listing. You might try attaching it in a file instead of listing within the post. This is a guess, I'm still looking at the post.
    Lots Of Software, LLC
    --- My Signature ---

Quote Originally Posted by brad jones View Post
    I'm guessing something in the code you are trying to post is triggering the issue. You include a pretty long listing. You might try attaching it in a file instead of listing within the post. This is a guess, I'm still looking at the post.
    Thank you for your quick reply. Yes, I'd thought the same thing. I'm just preparing a zipped version. I just need to figure out how to share it. There doesn't seem to be an option to upload and attach files.

Thread Information