dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to set up my server?

Post How to set up my server?

I'v bought a virtual private server from the VPB company, usually, I use this server to store console game, me and my friends like play the single PC games, sometimes, I want to try different editions of a game, my friends and I often exchange the different games from the internet, at first, we use the WanYi cloud, butthe experience is not well,
    as the VPB server is really cheap and affordable, I want to buy a month to experience, I order a type of VPS from their website yesterday, but I don't know how to set up it, is their any could help me ? I don't want to go to the VPS for the solution, as they seems very busy

Found a clear video that explains it for ya.
    There’s another do-it-yourself option that’s halfway between hosting your very own new VPN server all on your own hardware versus paying a VPN provider like TunnelBear to provide you VPN service along with convenient app.
    You possibly can host your own personal VPN server along with a web hosting provider, and so this may just turn into a few bucks cheaper every thirty days than selecting a dedicated VPN provider. You’ll pay the hosting provider for server install and hosting a VPN server on your server they’ve presented to you. It is very easy to work that out, as east as buying dog beds from stores. To connect to the VPN server, you will need your computer’s public IP address (its IP address on the Internet) or its dynamic DNS address, if you set up a dynamic DNS service above.
    Depending upon the host company you’ve chosen, this is usually a quick point-and-click process in places you add the VPN server software to get a cpanel to manage it, or it might just require pulling up a command-line to install and configure everything from scratch.

For optimum security, you want to develop a port forwarding rule that forwards a random “external port” - including 23243 - to “internal port” 1723 on your laptop. This will help you hook up with the VPN server using port 23243, but will protect you from malicious programs that attempt and scan to automatically hook up with VPN servers running to the default port.
    You could also think about using a router or firewall to simply allow incoming connections from specific IP addresses.
    To make sure you can still hook up to the VPN server, you may want to create a dynamic DNS service like DynDNS with regards to your router.

Thank you, Ludicolo

That is not easy to administrate your server.
    However you do have a few options:
    - invest your time and learn everything
    - hire your company and pay additional fee for management
    - hire third party admin or company - in this case you will be able to change providers while having the same management
    - buy ready to go game server.

Intro: Set up your very own Web server :-

Step 1: Acquire a dedicated PC.
    Step 2: Get the OS.
    Step 3: Install the OS.
    Step 4: Setup VNC.
    Step 5: Install FTP.
    Step 6: Configure FTP Users.
    Step 7: Configure and Activate FTP Server.

Hi, I have watched all entire video of Ludicolo and found that it is useful for you in setting up your server.

Quote Originally Posted by Simon46 View Post
    as the VPB server is really cheap and affordable, I want to buy a month to experience, I order a type of VPS from their website yesterday, but I don't know how to set up it, is their any could help me ? I don't want to go to the VPS for the solution, as they seems very busy
    Maybe the optimal approach will be hiring some freelancer to setup server once, and instruct you how to add/replace new game on the server.
    It shouldn't be hard, but provide some docs/instruction is essential part.

Hi, I could not say that you set up server on your own but it is better if you approach a server management company and proceed. Since its a VPS there are plans which will offer you service for VPS management with pretty decent pricing.

Advantages are you do not need to be concern on your server break down or need any installations; service providers will take care as downtime will be much less if it is taken care by service providers.

Disadvantages: Cost(do not cost much since VPS plans are availalbe at low cost) & reviews by customer on server management company. There are many providers but few are good to be dealt with.

Thread Information