dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Responsive design is a pain!

Responsive design is a pain!

I can make graphics and write articles just fine but when it comes to coding, I know next to nothing about it so I've been putting off getting one for my blog. I'm just wondering, what are the things that I need to learn in order to create a decent one? How hard would it be for someone like me to create a responsive design for a blog with heavy content?

HTML
    http://www.w3schools.com/html/
    All I ever used.
    I was 60 when I learned that much.

maybe these web tutorial could help you http://www.hongkiat.com/blog/responsive-web-tutorials/

For your problem, just visit this website www.w3schools.com . It will help you more for this.

Use a CMS platform that utilizes bootstrap and offers themes that do most of the work for you (Joomla/Wordpress). That will get you on your way and you can work it backwards to get a better of understanding of how and why it works.

Ryan.

chertsey, a small town s.w. of london, england.
    Hi there tidingstrong,

...but when it comes to coding, I know next to nothing about it...
    If you're ill you consult a doctor.
    If you've got a toothache you visit the dentist.
    If you've got a web development problem....

coothead
    ~ the original bald headed old fart ~

If you are in need of a Professional Website Development Company, go over the web and search. I also use w3schools and watch tutorials.

Building a responsive design is more complicated than a fixed-width design, but not a lot more. However, I'm not sure from the OP whether you know how to build a fixed-width one from scratch anyway? If not, then that is your first priority. That, or as others have already suggested, you could use a CMS to build it for you. However, bear in mind there is a down side to using a CMS:
    - Code bloat is a feature of CMS sites. Bloated code is difficult to understand and hence modify.
    - Learning how to build a site with a CMS is likely to teach you very little about building a site from scratch.

I'm willing to learn but I just don't have time to learn right now especially since it sounds so complicated. My friend knows a company who offer digital marketing services and they make website designs as well. She told me that I can have one made and then just learn later when I have time. I'm thinking that this is a good idea.
    Last edited by jedaisoul; 11-20-2016 at 10:40 AM. Reason: link removed by moderator

You can refer w3schools, codeacademy, codeschool etc. Initially every experts will have trouble while coding, but with time and experience you can easily handle it. You are feeling uncomfortable because you are a beginner, consult with some of your software friends, study various coding and implement it.
    Beat wishes.
    If any one is looking for a company to create a great responsive website then you can consult - *** link deleted by moderator - please do not spam this site ***

Strictly speaking, responsive design is not a pain. Responsive design is a set of coding techniques that is necessitated by the enormous range of screen sizes on web-enabled devices. So it is the lack of standardization of the screen sizes that is a pain.

Responsive design is the solution, not the cause!

If you have a community college there should be web courses in web design. I know this is going to sound strange, but check to make sure the instructor is more of a web developer than a web designer. That way you learn more on how to actually build a website. (No offense to web designers)

If you go on it on your own I would recommend learning fluid design then work yourself into responsive design. That way you learn about the fluidity of web development using percentages and not relying on pixels (px) instead using em units when it comes to fonts, widths, heights, etc... Then when you get into responsive design stick with mobile first approach (My Recommendation) or PC first approach. Don't try to do all at once, by that I mean PC, Tablet, and Smartphone.

An get a current HTML/CSS book even if you just use it for reference. It's a good way of not always having to search the internet and/or forums.
    Last edited by Strider64; 12-30-2016 at 12:13 AM.

Hi,
    today all web site or web development uses responsive it's good for practice because if you develop responsive site then your site also look good in small device like tablet or mobile etc.
    If you know Html and css then responsive design learning is easy there are so many online tutorials available for that you just need to google it.

All the Best.

Thanks
    Krishna Agola

Hey man,
    Trust me, coding is the most simpler thing you can ever imagine. CSS Transitions and Media Queries are some of the tools you must have the knowledge of for a smooth responsive website designing. With the advancement of technology nowadays, you can easily check out the codes from different web learning sites & can also learn from online tutorials.
    If you already have the basic knowledge of HTML, CSS & BOOTSTRAP, you've already walked nearby your destination buddy. Best of luck.

Responsive design is not a pain at all. It really good for the web and it make it look great in every element

Thread Information