www.webdeveloper.com
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hey its a game site tell me what you think

Hey its a game site tell me what you think

i dont have any games on it yet im still working on the design tell me what you think i dont care if it is good or bad new i just need to know what you all think thanks.

Might we be able to get a URI?

yes but it like this i want to be able to make a profitable site out of nothing and no money spending unless the site makes it. Im not cheep i just want it to be a major acomplishment you know make money out of nothing.

oh sorry here is the addess duh i feel stupidhttp://www.geocities.com/loadobject/

xgamer site

sorry again

Might wanna check it out in a real browswer. Also, optimize your images. Those bitmaps take for freakin ever to load.

hey does anyone know how i can copyright it or something so the site disign and the images would be less likely to be stolen. I tryed to go to the patent office website but it takes to long for them to process it is there another way to copyright a website and its contents anyone know the answer?

what do you mean optomize your images what conection are you using?

and whats the difference with mozilla does it look bad or something i use Mircosoft internet explorer.

heh yeah it looks bad in a real browser

1) As mentioned above, the images take AGES to load; I'm on ADSL so they shouldn't really. Speed report. At about 550KB it will take 2 minutes to load on 56K, which is a bit long to expect people to wait. I would recommend you convert the graphics to GIFs to reduce the file size.

2) In Mozilla, the page doesn't align properly. The text and graphics cross over the borders and look horrible. Consider downloading FireFox for testing.

3) You use deprecated FONT elements very heavily, consider using CSS instead.

4) Without CSS support the content is about 1.5 screens too low.

Gotta go, sorry, will complete post (including the bits I like!) later.

Originally posted by xgamer
    is there another way to copyright a website and its contents anyone know the answer?
    Just put "© Copyright 2004 OrganisationX" somewhere on your page Copyright priveledges are gained after you create something. You do not have to contact a patent office or register it at all. Once you have created and image, you have full copyrights over that image. Watch this:

To peel a banana, you will need to purchase one of those new high-tech banana peelers, or else the task will prove excedingly difficult.

Above sentence Copyright 2004 Daniel Tomasiewicz All Rights Reserved

I now own that sentence

hey can anyone help me with the site though? i tried to wright it by had but apperently i didnt do it right what should i do to fix it and how long will i take and is the site worth fixing i mean do you like the design if you are useing a Mirosoft IE it looks okay to me.

Who whould want to steal THAT
    And who in his/her right mind uses IE
    Vladdy

Working web site is not the one that looks the same in a few graphical browsers, but the one that adequately delivers its content to any device accessing it.

Thread Information