www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Tutorial Site

Tutorial Site

Hey Folks,

As part of my graduate project I created a series of tutorials for DW, FW and Flash. There are still a few rough patches but I would love it if you all took a few minutes and checked out the sections- Critques in both design and content are appreciated. Each tutorial has a video section (some are still viewlets - I would like to make them all videos sooner or later)

http://www.gelstoncafe.com/tutorials/

Thanks,
    Tobias

Review

Hello-
    Again, it's always a matter of taste, but my only suggestion would be to add more of a left margin to the nav. bar. (Since the page isn't centered, that links sections seemed too far too the left.) If not, maybe a light background color to set it off from the main section.

Only other thing - I watched about 1/2 of the CSS-P "viewlet" and got a typo for 'ya: "simplY duplicate header..." - think it says 'simple'
    now.

Must add that for someone who learned .css 'from scratch', that tutorial would've been swell a few months ago! (But instead of Dreamweaver I've been using the free WebCoder4, which is a nice step and some above Notepad.)

Nice job,
    El.

I would recommend to go over the code and re-think putting the Valid HTML button there.... http://www.gelstoncafe.com/tutorials...p?page=slicing , for example, had 54 errors in it...

Although, I understand that when something is a work-in-progress it's difficult to keep it all straight until it's all finished.

I agree with putting a little light background to the left navbar, something like #e2e2e2

I like the simplisity! Keep up the good work.
    Absence of a result is a result, unless defined otherwise.

I dont like the page background image repeat. Apart from that, great site, great content.

Best Wishes,
    David
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

Yes i agree with styling the side bar abit more would be a good idea and i agree you have some good content there and i if i get some time i will be doing the flash tutorials as i have forgot flash totally.

The content is great! The side bar could use some styling but it does look nice and simplistic.

I too, will be studying the flash tutorials soon!

Best Wishes,
    David
    More of a journal than a blog.

Truly great madness cannot be achieved without significant intelligence.
    GMail | Mezzoblue | 1976 Design | Zeldman | Justwatchthesky | Jon Hicks | Airbag | All In The Head

Warning: main(location.php): failed open stream
    its slow and boring (images take a while to load)
    fabioDRN.com

Thread Information