dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: How to make my own Map?

How to make my own Map?

Sorry for my Bad English...

I will make for me upcoming Homepage different Maps to show how where the different Bus, Railway Company,... operate.
    What I realy dont want is G..... or Open Streetmap and other 3rd Party Websites. The make it even worse.

So I searched the Web and found that: http://www.kalyani.com/2010/10/08/su...jquery-plugin/
    ok that's that first I found who look a littlebit that what I want but:
    1) I need to show an lager area like my Country and Middle Europe! So I need to zoom in and out.
    2) I want show different Routes where People can select an Start Point and see where the Lines end. When someone klicks on the other Point where he would go the Route should be in the Line Color and the other Routes turned into Gray. If the Trains/ Bus get divided the route where the Train contentious should be smaller than the Main Route.
    3) In the best case scenario it work on Mobiles to.

Any idea whit an very very small budget?
    Thanks

Finally, with the advent of HTML5 <canvas> element and jQuery, I felt it was now possible to implement this in a way that with a little bit of effort, anyone who knows HTML can easily create a subway map. I felt a jQuery plugin was the way to go as I had never created one before and also it seemed like the most well-suited for the task. My goals:

Anyone should be able to create a beautiful, interactive subway map visualization for their website using HTML markup
    The map should be as faithful as possible to the London Underground map style with smooth curves and interchange connectors and 45-degree diagonals
    The map size, line width and colors should all be customizable
    Stations, interchanges and linked interchanges should be distinguishable from each other
    The markup used to create the map should be search engine friendly

With these goals in mind, I started creating my jQuery plugin. A few days of concentrated effort later, I had a working subwayMap plugin and am quite pleased with the result. You can download the plugin below and documentation follows in this post. I hope you will give the plugin a try and find it useful.

anyone who knows HTML can easily create a subway map.
    How?
    I dont need a Subway Map. I need a Map for the hole Country and Europe like this: http://www.bueker.net/trainspotting/...ia/czechia.gif but not so detail maybe like the Austria Railway:

The map size, line width and colors should all be customizable
    I need some Zoomable Map. With a wide overview.

Very helpful library thanks.
    1- I would like to display a popup message when a user click on station, could you help me how ?
    2- Is there zooming possibility ? I would like to scale the metro map to mobile phone screen and I am looking for a zoom feature.

same problem here...

onclick pop up
    HTML
    http://www.w3schools.com/howto/howto_js_popup.asp
    JavaScript
    https://www.w3schools.com/js/js_popup.asp

Might want to install google maps and study how they do the pictures and pop ups on the points of interest in it.

Web Developer in your browser should show you the code.
    Last edited by Train; 02-14-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Might want to install google maps
    Nope I will do it without google. I dont like it.

Since the 12-24-2016 post, that seemed the only viable idea that is posted.

Of coarse I am not limited to one computer or one operating system either.
    Good LUCK!

Quote Originally Posted by User Name: View Post
    Nope I will do it without google. I dont like it.
    Hello,
    I believe what Train was referencing to, or inkling towards ... download and install GMaps and then with it installed have a look as how they have in-depth[ly] provided for the[ir] logic in surmising your logic to program into code[ing(s)]/script[ing(s)] as you need it when in advance into the next area of development, ... prudently - all need to study something to implement it ....
    - Give a man a fish and you feed him today ... teach a man to fish and he can feed himself tomorrow and the next it's nice to have fishing partners ...
    - Douglas

Sorry, it google Earth I was thinking about not google maps.
    And it does not respond to F12 .

Thread Information