dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: Can you tell me what Jquery script this?

Can you tell me what Jquery script this?

Hi there,

I'm looking for the name of a cool jquery data visualization script that would have small bubbles moving around the screen. When you hover over the bubble it will display additional info. A image screenshot of what I'm looking for is attached.

The only live example I found would be something like http://elections.nytimes.com/2012/ratings/electoral-map, though that's a few years old and looking for something more up to date. Please click on Next at the top and that will bring you to something like what I'm looking for.

Thank you
    Attached Images Attached Images

Would have been better if you asked in the JQuery forum (sub forum called JavaScript frameworks)
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

[CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thank you. Perhaps a moderator can move this?

And it is moved.

If you were looking for plugins to do this, you might have to make a few different things work. For example, there's jqFloat.js (http://www.inwebson.com/jquery/jqflo...t-with-jquery/), where you can make random page elements float around. Use that with jQueryUI's Tooltip (https://jqueryui.com/tooltip/), and you may be getting close to what you want.

Thank you TobiasParent, do you know if it's possible to tell what Jquery script is running by inspecting the element via Chrome for example?

Old-school, you would right-click the page, read through the entire source, and track back any .js links (which are likely going to be minified).
    But, to answer your question, yup -- you can use the element inspector in your dev tools of choice. I'm speaking from Chrome, because you referred to it and because I actually really like it. In the element inspector, you'll see the element itself to the left side, and three tabs listed on the right: 'styles', 'computed', and 'event listeners'. In the case of your electoral map, click into the Event listeners tab and check out 'mouseover' -- it tells you where the event is handled. clicking on the .js file given will open it in the 'sources' tab of the dev tools. Be warned, it's been minified to both save space and to confuse reverse-engineering a bit.

Thread Information