dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Thread: Page load issues: ReferenceError: Waypoint is not defined (init.js file)

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2

    Page load issues: ReferenceError: Waypoint is not defined (init.js file)

    Hi all,

    Iím a little stuck with a site I have just deployed from a local environment using the duplicator plugin on wordpress.

    The install went fine and the backend is accessible and all set up, however, when I type in the URL i am initially met with a dark screen (see http://www.worldtimewatches.co.uk) , upon refreshing the screen usually goes and the actual site appears.

    I have poked around and have found the following error.

    "Page load issues: ReferenceError: Waypoint is not defined (init.js file)"

    Does anyone have any idea how I might be able to stop this dark screen showing up on first load?

    Thanks in advance
    Jake

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    5,238
    No idea what you are referring to, I see no errors. in the console.

    This could be a JQuery issue and this is a JavaScript forum, you need the JavaScript Frameworks forum.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

    [CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

    If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jan 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    No idea what you are referring to, I see no errors. in the console.

    This could be a JQuery issue and this is a JavaScript forum, you need the JavaScript Frameworks forum.

    Thank you so much for your reply, I just managed to sort the issue after all hence I guess why the error isint visible!

    Thanks for your help!

    jake

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by jakedavies8 View Post
    Thank you so much for your reply, I just managed to sort the issue after all hence I guess why the error isint visible!

    Thanks for your help!

    jake
    Hi Jake, could you run me through what the root of this problem was and how you solved this? I'm having the exact same issue right now on a site and it's driving me nuts

    Thanks!

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    5,238
    Quote Originally Posted by therecluse26 View Post
    Hi Jake, could you run me through what the root of this problem was and how you solved this? I'm having the exact same issue right now on a site and it's driving me nuts

    Thanks!
    When seeking help, you should be starting a thread of your own, there is a reason for this, it stops people getting the thread listed as a problem and wasting peoples time in responding to it when the OP has resolved the problem.
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

    [CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

    If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Feb 2017
    Posts
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by \\.\ View Post
    When seeking help, you should be starting a thread of your own, there is a reason for this, it stops people getting the thread listed as a problem and wasting peoples time in responding to it when the OP has resolved the problem.
    Asking him what he did to resolve the exact same problem warrants a thread of its own?

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    localhost
    Posts
    5,238
    Yes, the main reason being that it prevents threads being hijacked, people seeing the post thinking it needs answering when it has been resolved. You should message the person or ask on the vendors community forums...
    --> JavaScript Frameworks like JQuery, Angular, Node <--
    ... and please remember to wrap code with forum BBCode tags:-

    [CODE]...[/CODE] [HTML]...[/HTML] [PHP]...[/PHP]

    If you can't think outside the box, you will be trapped forever with no escape...

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
HTML5 Development Center



Recent Articles