dcsimg
www.webdeveloper.com

Thread: CMS advice website for Startups

CMS advice website for Startups

Hello Fellow Forum dwellers,

We want to create a "media company" helping startups with a good media presentation. One of these things is a website.
    I am developer (php serverside) and made the first website, which took too long, cause its completely custom. Especially with future assignments if there needs to be a content manager I want to use a CMS instead. I have limited experience with Wordpress and Vbulletin.

Now I wonder what advice you people have for a CMS that can be quite easily adjusted with a design (we create our own designs) and is flexible enough to add different functionality (contactform, social implementations, ecommerce etc). Conclusively I am looking for a CMS that allows allows for low production time, preferably.

CMS I have looked into are:
    Wordpress (sounds like the go to, but so much outdated(pricey) plugins?)
    Joomla (Decent overall)
    Drupal (Also decent and flexible but pretty steep learncurve)
    Silverstripe (Looks very solid, but unsure of its capabilities and expandability)

Thanks in advance!

Beginner-friendly option.

If you're 100% sure you're not going to expand your website in the future, there's no need to invent a new bicycle — WordPress had proved to be famous, convenient, easy, beginner-friendly. Well, I personally use it now for all my projects. It's like old comfortable pajamas: you've tried other silk and classy nightgowns, but you always come back to your plush 3 times bigger panties.

It's the easiest CMS, be sure you won't need to ask techies to help you with anything. WordPress simplified everything that should be simplified, and for extra options they are constantly developing great addons and extensions. Really, I can't imagine anything you can't add to your WordPress with the help of extensions, they have them for everything you can imagine.

But as I said, WordPress is rarely used for big websites, since with a growth of content and audience a WordPress website can lose the loading time. Nobody likes slow sites. And it's well knows, WP has security issues. I know the team improve it with every new update, but doubts still exist.

Personally, I love SquareSpace. I currently have Squarespace eCommerce website and I sell about 16 items after starting my business a few month ago. It works incredibly great as a eCommerce platform. Though keep in mind that even the most powerful website cannot bring great results without SEO .

Thread Information